Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > General Chat > Street Warrior Forum - great street race stories.....

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 10-14-2002, 06:24 PM
Inactive User

Cry Lost to a..........civic..

Last night i went to a little import car show that is right by my house. Ive seen the people there before every sunday night at 9:00 and always just thought it was a bunch of rice. Well i decided to stop by last night and the first thing i notice is a red civic with a large intercooler up front, so i got out and looked around. I quickly learned that these guys new what they were doing. The only bodykits i saw were the necisary front air dam needed to store the intercoolers. MOst of these guys brought time slips....and i have to say some of the times werent anything to be proud of but then i came apon a group of people who were talking about a new cam that just came out. They had seen me drive up in my duster and asked me about it but i was more interested in how fast they were. Well this guy with the red turbo intercooled civic pulls out his favorite timeslip ( these guys arent teenagers by the way they are in there late 25- early 30's) which shows a time of 11.9??@111mph. I was stunned and i asked more about how long he had been racing etc. I told him my best time was 14.2 but i was always having engine problems
and never got a decent run so he offered to give me some insight on how fast my car is. We lined up at a light with about a 1/2 mile of open road ahead of us. it is a long light and up pulls some random 2000 z28 camaro and he revs his engine at me and the guy in the civic just laughs. When the light turns green i take off much quicker than the civic but still aware that he hasnt hit boost rpm yet. By the end of first gear he is almost dead even with me and i shift at 6200 and barely leap ahead. the z28 was......haha pretty far back. Well by the time i hit 5000 in 3rd the civic has about halph a car length on me and i let off. Even though i lost this race probly made me happier than any other since it showed me what my car can do if i can learn how to race it at the track.
btw
the civic revcieved that time on slicks.
Old 10-17-2002, 04:05 AM
Inactive User

hehe... Man there is a guy in memphis i go to see at the street races every once in a while. He has a civic hatch with a v-18 and turbo. Runs 11.3 in the 1/4 not to shaby. Well anyways i seen a guys in a lightning spraying 100wet against the guy in the hatch and the civic still won.
Old 10-17-2002, 01:08 PM
Inactive User

Default Hey Scott

I'm in Jonesboro! good to see another local guy in here! What do you have? Lots of cool daks on campus here, I'm the guy in the Black 02 Regular Cab Sport v8 w Blacked out windows and turned down flows.

Lots of good looking imports too, but most don't have the oats to back up their looks..

Jared
Old 10-19-2002, 11:03 AM
Inactive User

Don't beat yourself up about this. Put enough spray and/or boost to a John Deere and it'll perform accordingly.

These things (Ricers) lay down like sick tabbies if you take away their smoke and mirrors.
Old 10-19-2002, 12:36 PM

.... or put three more people in it...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-19-2002, 07:02 PM
Inactive User

So true. Not enough torque to pull weeds out of the wife's flower beds.
Old 10-20-2002, 05:44 AM
Inactive User

Default Re: Hey Scott

Hey jared whats up man. I have a red dodge ram....you going to ASU?... Well anyways got a nice car club here....you might wanna think about joining it... Well its not started back up yet but it was going great about a year ago. called hammerhead racing?... There was a guy name steven simpson with a dodge that was spraying a 150shot, msd ignition and coil, headers and dual exhaust. I was suprised his truck never blew up on him..lol.... It seems as though more and more people are getting into the imports around here... but anyways i will probably see you around....
Scott
Old 10-23-2002, 02:05 PM
Inactive User

Yeah im goin to asu, what are the details on the red ram so ill know when ive spotted you? Maybe we could go run 'em lol!

Jared
Old 10-24-2002, 04:14 PM
Inactive User

Hehe no details stock to the bone. All that is done to it is a home-made ram air.hehe Kind of like the ones at thefastman.com Its not really red it is like burgandy, also got the wires ran the other day to spray, hehe... I raced a 6.0L chevy the other day "A Farm Truck". Toally blew me away(wasnt spraying though). Then it races a lightning the lightning got him on take off then he caught right back up with him tword the end of the road. I couldnt beleive how fast it was. Anyways maybe i will see you out some time and we can race.