Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Front Wheel Drive Chat

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 08-01-1999, 04:05 AM
Inactive User

Question

i own a 92 dodge daytona iroc R/T. i parked it one day and when i came back it wouldn't start. i thought that it was the coild pack so i replaced that and it wasn't. when you try to start it, it doesn't get any fire to the plugs. the plugs are good. it was raining that day, i think that it might be the computer, i found out that the box covering the computer is busted so it could have gotten wet. does anyone have any ideas???? please help me... also i need to know where to get the part to fix it.
Old 08-02-1999, 08:16 PM
Inactive User

Angry

My 1991 Spirit R/T is the same way. My car blows a code 24 and if i take off and replace the wires on the throttle pis. sensor on the throttle body it will start and run find till it fails again! drives me nuts.
cliff
Old 08-25-1999, 10:41 PM
Inactive User

Lightbulb

If it only does it in the rain, try some di-electric grease, or white grease. Might even try to repair the box with some silicone.
Old 11-06-1999, 11:43 PM
Inactive User

it does it all the time, not just rain, the throttle pos. sensor wasn't it either, it keeps blowing the fuel pump fuse under the hood
Old 11-07-1999, 02:42 AM
Inactive User

Cool

i finally figured it out!!!!!!!! there was a group of wires laying on the exhaust near the engine, they had melted and grounded on the metal. i cut these wires and wired some new ones and the car runs fine, but i am still not absolutely positive it is fixed, thanks for the help you all
Old 11-21-1999, 08:20 AM
Inactive User

I HAVE A 91 SPIRIT RT IT DID THE SAME THING THE FOUR WIRES THAT RUN TO THE O2 SENSOR RIGHT ABOVE THE TURBO AND EXHAUST BUT BELOW THE AIR FILTER HOUSING MELT TO A BLOB . I HAD TO TOW IT 600 MI HOME TO FIX IT ,SOUNDS LIKE YOU FOUND IT. PS I BOUGHT COMPUTER,COILPAK,CRANK SENSOR,CAM SENSOR BUT I DONT MIND HAVING THEM THEY WERE VERY HARD TO GET AND PROBABLY WONT BE AVAILABLE FOREVER. AUTOZONE GOT THE COILPAK AND CAM SESNSOR.NAPA AND CHRYSLER CAN GET THE CRANK SENSOR BUT ONLY CHRY CAN GET THE COMPUTER AND ACCORDING TO THEM THERE ARE ONLY THREE LEFT IN THE COUNTRY!! ...PRO...
Old 11-21-1999, 08:21 AM
Inactive User

I HAVE A 91 SPIRIT RT IT DID THE SAME THING THE FOUR WIRES THAT RUN TO THE O2 SENSOR RIGHT ABOVE THE TURBO AND EXHAUST BUT BELOW THE AIR FILTER HOUSING MELT TO A BLOB . I HAD TO TOW IT 600 MI HOME TO FIX IT ,SOUNDS LIKE YOU FOUND IT. PS I BOUGHT COMPUTER,COILPAK,CRANK SENSOR,CAM SENSOR BUT I DONT MIND HAVING THEM THEY WERE VERY HARD TO GET AND PROBABLY WONT BE AVAILABLE FOREVER. AUTOZONE GOT THE COILPAK AND CAM SESNSOR.NAPA AND CHRYSLER CAN GET THE CRANK SENSOR BUT ONLY CHRY CAN GET THE COMPUTER AND ACCORDING TO THEM THERE ARE ONLY THREE LEFT IN THE COUNTRY!! ...PRO...