Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Front Wheel Drive Chat

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 12-18-1999, 11:43 PM
Inactive User

Unhappy

it's me again with the 92 Iroc R/T, It refuses to start once again. It was running fine but it just stopped like before, but now it isn't blowing a fuse, and those wires aren't burnt. On some days it will crank up, on other's it will not. Weird as hell!!! It just recently turned cold here could that have anything to do with it??? also when it is running and i stomp down on the gas and it gets near high RPM's the engine cuts off and back on real quick, what is this???? I also have a power steering leak, but i can't fing out where, it leaks, and runs everywhere so i can't pinpoint it. Anyone have advice i would appreciate it sooo much
Old 12-21-1999, 11:19 AM
Inactive User

Do you want to sell it? I'm looking for another one.1st you have to determine if its spark or fuel.When it wont start check it for spark by removing one plug wire and setting it very close to the coil tower then crank it,you'll hear a crackling sound everytime it sparks,if no spark you'll need to employ someone w/a scantool that can trigger the ign. sys.,most likely Chrysler dealer.If it has spark remove the intake hose at the throttle body and shoot a little starting fluid if it runs for a moment its a fuel problem,F/P relay or fuel pump etc. It sounds like its going lean when you say it backs off under full throttle,check for a vaccum leak or bad 02 sensor,or bad coolant sensor.Your p.s. leak is probably the whole rack and pinion,it leaks out of the inner tie rod boot but only periodically,pry the boot back a little,if fluid comea dripping out...its bad. It really sounds like you should take it somewhere with a scantool,you'd hate to blow it up,turbo motors fry real quick if their too lean under boost and thats one expensive motor to replace.....PRO....
Old 12-23-1999, 09:32 PM
Inactive User

PRO,
My friend has had a 92 IROC R/T for sale for awhile now. He has done alot of repairs to it, and it is more perfect than any of my cars at least. It's red with grey leather, and has about 96k miles. I know that's probably alot, but he is only asking around 6.5k. And that's BO. The car is near Peoria, IL. Anyways, let me know. He is eager to sell.

Brian
Old 12-24-1999, 01:02 AM
Inactive User

the problem is in the spark, i already know that. I also found a black wire that was broke and when i fixed it the car cranked right up. But it is acting up again, i'm going to check the black wire again. The car doesn't run lean at all, and under heavy acceleration it runs great but just shuts off for a second, barely even noticeable. The leaky power steering is fixed, it was a bad gasket on the side of the pump. I might be interested in selling where are you located???
Old 01-06-2000, 07:10 PM
Inactive User

I have two IROC R/T's for sale.
1992 IROC R/T,red,90,000 miles, High Performance Mopar cover car, ND performance computer calibrated for +20% injectors,pw,pdl,pm,pdb,ABS,dark grey inside, car is in excellent shape and has had all the work done with recepts. 6500

1993 IROC R/T,emerald green, 50,000 miles, full power,fully loaded w/o leather,overhead console,light grey inside,infinity radio, excellent condition, all recepts, 8500.

Old 01-06-2000, 10:15 PM
Inactive User

Had a similier problem with my Shelby Z.Turned out to be a bad connection on the water tempeture sensor.When it loses connection the computer saw a overheat problem and kills the engine.Roger