Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > General Chat > Rumors and Gossip, etc...

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 11-09-2002, 03:23 AM
Inactive User

Default What is a survivor??

Not sure how many of you make it to Chryslers at Carlisle but the last 2 years there has been this 69 1/2 Lift Off Hood car there. All black and its in the survivors building. Has anyone seen this car and how it has been repainted on one of the 1/4's?? I thought the whole purpose of the survivors class was for cars that may have had the belts or tires or hoses changed and maybe a small area touched up and not a large area like a 1/4?? Or do I not understand the concept of a survivor??
Old 11-09-2002, 04:25 AM
Banned

A true survivor has all of it's original parts inside and out along with all of the little scracth, dents, and dings that give it it's character. That car should be in a restored class like all the rest.
I have a survivor. '76 Plymouth Duster 360 4spd 81/4 2.94:1 gear black with red benchseat with red and white cloth inserts with less than 40,000 miles on it. We talked about a repaint and retripe, but I just can't seem to do it. The paints the only bad thing about it. Lots of little scratches and dings.
It was bought new by an older couple that passed on. A body shop guy bought it and then moved his shop from Murfreesboro to Shelbyville where I live. He was going to repaint it, but decided to sell it for money to put into his new shop.
Some kid was trying to buy it. He wanted to molest it by cutting it up and hotrodding it by his terms. You know what that means from a 16 year old that's still wet behind the ears and don't know squat about a car.
Guy told me after I bought it he would never have sold it to him since he was going to destroy it. He knew I saw the car the same way he did and he knew I'd take care of it.
It's still all original except for the oil. HAHA
Old 11-09-2002, 04:31 AM
Inactive User

I heard too that they let you get away with 75% of the paint. Whats the sense in that. heck you could have the lower half painted all the wya around and get rid of stone chips and it would look like new!!!