Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Front Wheel Drive Chat

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 01-28-2000, 07:12 PM
Inactive User

Thumbs down

I recently replaced inner tir rod bushing, because of wear and a lot of noise. This reduced the noise a little, but still when I turn the car left, I get a lot of grinding noise. Will a front end alignment correct this?

When it is cold outside, I also get a clunking noise from the front end, I thought it might be the struts but someone said it could be the sway bar. Any suggestions.

TIA
Geoff
Old 01-28-2000, 11:54 PM
Inactive User

Lightbulb

Geoff, If you have a grinding noise, something is wrong (poss bad wheel brg)an alignment is not going to fix that. On the clunk over bumps, Have the stabilizer bar links checked (the joints get worn & sloppy) Hope this helps!
Old 01-29-2000, 04:58 AM
Inactive User

Question

Quote:
Originally posted by kpzbee:
Geoff, If you have a grinding noise, something is wrong (poss bad wheel brg)an alignment is not going to fix that. On the clunk over bumps, Have the stabilizer bar links checked (the joints get worn & sloppy) Hope this helps!
Old 01-29-2000, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Geoff Chambers:
I recently replaced inner tir rod bushing, because of wear and a lot of noise. This reduced the noise a little, but still when I turn the car left, I get a lot of grinding noise. Will a front end alignment correct this?

When it is cold outside, I also get a clunking noise from the front end, I thought it might be the struts but someone said it could be the sway bar. Any suggestions.

TIA
Geoff
if it is when you turn only it is the rack & pinion mounts. There is a tsb for this problem ,call you local dealer.

Old 01-29-2000, 06:52 PM
Inactive User

Question

I'll check with the dealer, but what's a tsb?

Also, the car has close to 100,000 miles and is out of waranty, will the dealer still do smoething?

Quote:
Originally posted by keith3123:
Quote:
Originally posted by Geoff Chambers:

TIA
Geoff
if it is when you turn only it is the rack & pinion mounts. There is a tsb for this problem ,call you local dealer.

Old 01-31-2000, 04:08 AM
Inactive User

A TSB is a technical service bulletin that Chrysler puts out for common problems that exist with certian models, cars and etc. As kpzbee said, they definitly have a problem with the sway barlinks (laterat links) and the bushings on the p/s rack and pinion. They definitly wont do anything under warrenty, too many miles and years.