Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Performance Talk

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 11-19-2002, 04:45 PM
Inactive User

Help Radiator modification/fitment?

Does anybody know the difference between Be Cool's custom fit radiators and their universal 26" radiators besides $200 price and prefab brackets?? I want to put a 26" radiator in my 69 B-body (Coronet) and need some advise. I am using a 70's 360 with passenger side WP outlet. Since I have to modify the radiator support anyway, will the 26" universal Be Cool or Summit brand radiator's lower pick up align with my waterpump?? It appears aluminum "L" brackets will be all I need to attach the universal fit radiator to the support. Thanks for any advise.
RScheib
Old 11-19-2002, 09:30 PM
Inactive User

looking at summit catalog, be cool sells only one rad for all mopars, only difference is auto or stick.

their 26" radiator is a crossflow, which means that it has about 22" wide core area. I put one in my original small block charger with a 22" opening, and core area fits perfectly in there with no cutting.

I got there universal and it was paper thin, way different than the direct fit. looked like a single core to me. maybe they sent me the wrong one. anyway, I sent it back, and got the direct fit and it looks like a real radiator.

If I had it to do over again, I would get a howe. they sell them in summit for About 200.00. I do not know the part number, but search moparchat for aluminum radiator. there is a thread covering this swap in a charger
Old 11-20-2002, 07:41 AM

OKay lemme see if I can finally send this.(comp is going dead) I had a thread titled "Radiators" Check it out it has some usefull info in there. I just finished putting my BeCool rad in my Belvedere II this weekend and I can tell you nothing but good things. It originally had a 22' core radiator. If you check out a jegs mag they have a lot more rads now for mopars. I picked up Becool rad part #60172 it is a 27" core plus the tanks (croosflow conversion) The tanks sits on the frame rails (You need to drill two 5/8" holes) and the top is held with a bracket that you bolt up to the rad support. Its really straight forward and easy to do if you take your time.

Don't foget that if you go with a crossflow you will have to get new hoses with the correct bends. I used a coat hanger and bent it to where i needed it to go and took it to my local parts store to find one that came close. Lucky for me someone posted ref. #'s and I went from there.

I always had cooling problems but I don't anymore. I use a Mr'G 180* T-stat with a 15lb cap. I currently use my stock fixed fan and it never goes above 200* (used to run 220 plus before) I am getting dual 13" electric fans from spal sometime next week so it should run cooler at idle and gain a few horses.

You can email them at www.becool.com or call them at 1-888-243-2999

George.