Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Performance Talk

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 11-19-2002, 11:48 PM
Inactive User

Default Pilot Bushing part #

I recently started a thread about replacing the pilot bushing in my 340's crank. I got a part # for the new bearing that goes on the OD of the crank but when I tried to get one, I was told I have the wrong #. Went to the mopar website, found a pilot bearing made for Magnum v8s part # p4876056, is this the right one? The website says nothing about using on a non-magnum motor application. Does anyone know if the crank will need to be machined to accept this new design? The guys at the local chrysler dealer had no clue. It's a forged crank, and I'm replacing the bushing because I forgot to support the tranny while pulling the motor and damaged the end of the bushing when the tranny and motor separated.

Thanks in advance
Old 11-20-2002, 12:21 PM
Inactive User

Default Re: Pilot Bushing part #

Quote:
Originally posted by bbeckwith
I recently started a thread about replacing the pilot bushing in my 340's crank. I got a part # for the new bearing that goes on the OD of the crank but when I tried to get one, I was told I have the wrong #. Went to the mopar website, found a pilot bearing made for Magnum v8s part # p4876056, is this the right one? The website says nothing about using on a non-magnum motor application. Does anyone know if the crank will need to be machined to accept this new design? The guys at the local chrysler dealer had no clue. It's a forged crank, and I'm replacing the bushing because I forgot to support the tranny while pulling the motor and damaged the end of the bushing when the tranny and motor separated.

Thanks in advance
Hey bbeckwith
Here is a new # for you.
However this is a big block #.
I don`t know if they are the same,no machine work required.
Mopar performance #53009180AB.
The last letter Iam not completly sure of as the paper I wrote it on is old and taterd.
If not a B it is a 3.
Check into it ,I would like to Know if big and small blocks took the same bearing.
Old 11-20-2002, 02:52 PM
Inactive User

Are these the pilot bushings you're looking for?

These should fit any mopar crank. It fits where the torque converter snout normally goes. For various reasons, the one with the bushings and NOT the one with the roller bearings is the recommended one to use.
Old 11-20-2002, 03:13 PM
Inactive User

The magnum one fits the 340's, I put one in this summer. You will be very happy with it. I checked my records and the part number I used was 53009180, I think it was $10. This is shown in Kokanee's post. I think there is a mopar performance part number too, but I don't know it
Old 11-20-2002, 07:23 PM
Inactive User

Thanks

Hey kekoakeakane
Thanks Ineeded that.
Old 11-20-2002, 07:30 PM
Inactive User

Thanks for the replys guys, I was worried about why the number was wrong, and the local dealer was no help. Guess I'll try the one with the bushings kekoakeakane recommends. As always I appreciate you all's help.

Old 11-21-2002, 01:00 AM
Inactive User

Exclamation Pilot bearing

I'm glad someone keeps up with this. I hear before that there were 4 pilot bearings available. 2 for the pre-magnum ( 1 for the stick shift, 1 for the auto, or non-drilled crank ) and 2 for the magnum with the same spec's.