Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Front Wheel Drive Chat

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 02-26-2000, 06:37 PM
Inactive User

This is the ongoing saga of my sons 89 non turbo Lebaron. He ahd a friend working on this car and today (its at his buddys house) finnally pulled the codes after replacing the fuel pump,fuel relay and the injector. They also cheked the timing belt and say it looks ok. It looks like a 12 and a 26. Can anyone help e with these codes?? If I buy a cheap code reader where do I plug it in?? I would like to get this thing running this weekend as I have to shuttle heim to and from work. If you know the answers you could post them here BUT also call em collect at 614 539 0395 and ask for Larry.
Thanks
Mace
Old 02-26-2000, 07:22 PM
Inactive User

New info..if they can put fuel in the inector and the car will fire and run only until gas is gone. Is there a way to see if the injector is getting enought voltage?? How is this done. Also I keep saying timing belt but they say it looks fine..could it be streched just enough to put the timing out of wack?? The 26 was rec'ed after putting in the fuel regulator, also was told a wire was replace to the injector.
Thanks
Mace
Old 02-26-2000, 08:10 PM
Inactive User

Lightbulb

Mace, heres were you can look up codes http://www.allpar.com/fix/codes.html
It sounds like you have a injector or wireing problem to the injector. There is a special light to test that circut called a "noid" light. I think you can get one from an auto parts store. You plug it into the connector & crank it over - it should flash. If it dont, look for another connector in that harness usally near the timing cover & make sure the pins & conn. are clean & tight. Let me know what you find.

------------------
If at first you don't succeed, read the instructions
Old 02-27-2000, 02:12 PM
Inactive User

OK.. here goes they replace the fuel filter and the car starts. But the car wont stay started when they give it gas at first. After a few minutes it will run BUT it is smoking. My sons buddy says to change the oil because of the gas in it. They chage the oil go to restart the car and all it will do is crank over. It seems like everytime the fuel pressure is releived (new fuel pump..car starts then new fuel filter car starts) the car will run for awhile then not start. I'm confused. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks
Mace
Old 02-27-2000, 02:55 PM
Inactive User

If I had to wager a guess, I would think that the injector is bad or it's the wrong injector. At this point it's hard to say without looking at it. Anyone else have an idea? If not, I think it's time to take it somewhere.

------------------
Old 02-29-2000, 02:40 AM
Inactive User

OK my bro-in-law went over and was able to run a wire from the battery to the injector and it would start. The 26 says
"peak injector circuit voltage has not been reached(need to check computer signal, voltage reg,injector). The injector seems to be ok,so I'm leaning toward the computer or voltage regulator. Where the heck is the voltage regulator and wher eis the computer on this thing??
Thanks
Mace
Old 02-29-2000, 04:41 AM
Inactive User

With what he did, the computor is not the problem. the problem is you have a bad circut from the asd relay to the fuel injector. The pcm controls the ground side. The voltage regulator is built in to the pcm. The pcm is tucked in behind the battery. I think you have some wireing problems you need to deal with to fix this car. If your not good with wireing/electrical, I would suggest you take it to someone who can. Just my 2 cents. Good luck!

------------------
Old 03-06-2000, 08:28 PM
Inactive User

It's in the shop .. will post results
Thanks
Mace
Old 03-06-2000, 10:49 PM
Inactive User

Wife called and said the wires going to the injector was fried. It looks like someone tried to rig them and this is what caused the failure. I've tried to talk to the tech but have been unable to.
Old 03-22-2000, 06:28 PM
Inactive User

well the final word is that when my bro-in-law jumper the battery to the injector he must have been on the wrong side and thats what fried everything. The computer get replace tomorrow and that should get it running. Thanks for hte replys.
Mace