Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Performance Talk

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 12-02-2002, 11:18 PM
Inactive User

Default Twin turbo barracuda

Haven't posted lately but surely have been busy.
Took about 25 pics tonight of my progress. I am working on hosting them now.
Both manifolds are made and turbos mounted. Made the driver side downpipe and hooked to the existing exhaust. Passenger side downpipe half done. Should finish it tommorow night. One waste gate is plumbed and mounted the other needs to be done. Hope to get intercooler cores this week and start on that piping. Sure is tough project. Love it though...

Bye the way my buddy with the rotary corolla ran 11.40's at 130 mph yesterday. Drove it 1.5 hours there and back. Dam if I don't have my work cut out for me now.
Old 12-02-2002, 11:23 PM
Inactive User

What kind of engine? EFI or carb in a box? If it twin turboed, I am sure I will like it! I love turbos man, and I am suprised that there are not more people like you using that great boost and streetability they offer without any of the downsides that blowers have. Gentle on the motor, drive it around town, and still make mega power--count me in. More power to you man!
Old 12-02-2002, 11:52 PM
Inactive User

well, you took pictures, but where are they?? I'd like to see.
Old 12-03-2002, 07:34 PM
Inactive User

id like to see the pics too
Old 12-04-2002, 12:45 PM
Inactive User

Yeah....I love how turbos work. They can really bite you hard if you don't know what you are doing, but the power is wonderful!

Since Edelbrock is now working on turbo kits, I have been paying more attention to everything on the market. Where supercharged systems give about 40% horsepower gains, with just a little boost, 7psi, we had over 60% horsepower gains with a turbo. And its so easy to just bump up the boost a little too and see much more!

Turbo's are just catching on with the V8 crowd, and I know a lot of mustang guys are looking into them. Nice to hear more people doing it!
Old 12-04-2002, 08:39 PM
Inactive User

At our family business we have a web hosting computer dedicated to our business. Trying to set up my own web page through it. Should be real soon....

408 stroker small-block
edel heads now... will probably bolt on my open chamber steel heads on for now. Need to send off my edelbrocks to get the chambers opened up.
speed-demon 850....definetly keeping that for now. My buddies holley don't even complain at 20 psi.

The manifolds were definetly tough, especially the passenger side. not enough room. used 14 SS weld el-s on that one side. Only needed 5 on the driver side and just 1 six foot piece of 1.5 SS pipe. I did buy a set of hooker header flanges to start with. Helped out a lot. If i would have done it different I would have had a set of 3/8 thick SS flanged water jet cut. Took a lot of work to keep the 5/16 steel flanges straight.

Found a brand new 3.23 hogs head with posi yesterday. Should be picking it up soon. ( sure is nice to live close to Herb McCandless).

I promise the pics are soon.