Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Dodge Viper Chat...

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 12-04-2002, 11:37 PM
Plutonium Member

Biggrin MSD box installed & Roe Supercharger runs great.

MSD box installed! I still need to adjust the VEC1 for proper optimum performance.

But! (And it's a Big Butt!) I had to drive my Viper home in a heavy snowstorm with about 1" of snow on the roadways.

My Viper drove really good seeing how it has about 700 torque & 675 HP at the flywheel. Actually, it drove better than most of the other cars on the street. I also got to use ABS for the first time.

More details to follow when the weather & roads get better.
Old 12-06-2002, 03:54 PM
Inactive User

Default Most Powerful Street Viper

I have an augument with the world wide Suzuki Swift guys over which is the most potential powerful vehicle.

I had suggested the SSVT Viper with a twin-turbo setup that can push over 1000HP for the street.

Is this true or is there a pic or weblink of a Viper that even greater than this?
Old 12-07-2002, 12:10 AM
Plutonium Member

There are several Viper Supertuners that now are getting over 750 rear wheel HP. By comparison, my Viper should be right around 574 rear wheel HP. There are even a couple that are getting in the upper 900's (996 HP) rear wheel HP. And almost every few weeks the bar gets raised higher.

But there gets to be a point where more power makes the vehicle less streetable, and in one case having over 1100 rear wheel HP significantly slowed the Viper down in a drag run. They turned down the twin turbos to where it only had 800 rear wheel HP and they got much better ET & MPH in the 0.25 mile.

The other thing is long time reliability - Supras & some other cars can have twin turbos and the boost turned up so high that some can even beat some heavily modded Vipers, at least until the motor blows.

There is always someone who is faster than you. Since I've had my supercharger installed I've heard of at least half a dozen older muscle cars with big time modded motors that are actually driven on the street that would probably beat my Viper.

For more info on the baddest Vipers in the land go to www.viperclub.org & do some searching. A new Viper spot that is rapidly becoming the Viper owner's web site of choice is at www.vipernation.com.
Old 12-07-2002, 06:35 PM
Plutonium Member

Biggrin

A-Vipering I've A-Gone today and at the VEC1 setting of 0/0 and the MSD Boost Retard Box set at 1.5 I could find absolutely no trace of detonation. No engine check lights, either. And I ran it over 40 miles and the gas gauge barely moved from Full.

My God, The Sean Roe Supercharger Is Great!

This is perfection in a Viper!

More details to follow...
Old 12-08-2002, 01:48 AM
Plutonium Member

I was breaking the rear tires loose in 4th gear at 95 MPH at only 1/3 throttle this afternoon!

I can't yet begin to describe the power of my Viper - there are no words of description on how fast it is now.

It keeps getting better because the PCM is learning how to drive my Viper with a supercharger and by the end of my 45 mile trip this afternoon it was running noticably better than at the beginning.

My Viper Tech has a purpose built '68 Dodge Dart drag car with a 440 in it that is not streetable and keeps the front wheels off the ground for 400 feet down the dragstrip and its ET is 10.5 seconds at 135 MPH for comparision.