Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Front Wheel Drive Chat

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 04-30-2000, 11:43 PM

Exclamation

Anyone have any dealings with Chrysler over problems with LH car trany quiting shortly after warranty and having Chrysler pay for it? Any details or help would be nice. Please e-mail at:
dodge@vt.edu
Old 05-04-2000, 05:37 PM
Inactive User

I didn't get anything done after warranty, but I did have the front pump and some other work done to take care of a shudder problem from on the 2-3 shift. This problem felt almost like an alignment or tire balance problem but it always happened right at the 2-3 shift. I had this done right at the end of the warranty period.
Good luck
Old 05-08-2000, 02:08 AM

I have a '94 chrysler concorde, and i took the transmission in last august because it wouldn't shift into 4th and just a few weeks ago it tor itself up and wouldn't shift outa third. Not even the torque converter was kicking in. I think it was due to them overfilling the transmission. I took the car in and they gave me no real response on payment, because it was 1000 miles over the warrany they were very shady. i called the corporation line and they said it wasn't their responsibility, but they got the vp of service at the dealer on my case, which i guess helped. When i picked up the car there was no charge, which was a big surprise for me. If you have problems with the dealers then just act totally innocent and litterally blame them for everything and dont take any crap. Fake that you went to cottman transmission or a reputable trans. repair store and say that it was the service departments fault or something. Otherwise they probably will treat like any other customer and somehow blame it on "wear and tear." good luck.