Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > General Chat > Rumors and Gossip, etc...

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 12-10-2002, 10:45 PM
Inactive User

rolleyes2 Crossfire=Audi

Has anyone noticed that the Chrysler Crossfire looks exactly like the Audi TT. Edmunds.com. check it out
Old 12-11-2002, 10:05 PM
Inactive User

Yup, I think I read somewhere that Chrysler's chief designer (Trevor Creed) used to work for Audi.
Old 12-12-2002, 01:31 PM
Moderator and HEMI FIEND

Trever Creed is closer to the AudiTT than that...He designed the friggan thing.
Also note, the new Nissan 350Z and the Infinity G35 also look like the Audi....How to follow a trend by Chrysler.
Old 12-12-2002, 04:34 PM
Inactive User

Question Re: Crossfire=Audi

Quote:
Originally posted by ramneon
Has anyone noticed that the Chrysler Crossfire looks exactly like the Audi TT. Edmunds.com. check it out
No, not really. I have taken a good look at both cars and except for the fact that the back of both cars are rounded off, there is really not much else similar on the two cars. I showed a set of pictures of the Crossfire to my brother in law. He thought it was a great looking car, and he is a chebby guy. He and I agree that the Audi TT looks more like a VW. By the way, the Crossfire is supposed to come out next year (with a 3.2 Benz engine). I think it's a great car!

Quick Claims Adjuster!!!
Old 12-12-2002, 05:43 PM
Moderator and HEMI FIEND

more images later
Old 12-12-2002, 11:14 PM

Its my opinion that all of the mentioned cars are beyond butt ugly. It appears that these manufacturers are competing to make a car as ugly as the Aztec by Pontiac.

The manufacturers need to go to Italy and find an Italian to design their automobiles.
Old 12-16-2002, 01:42 PM

I saw the Crossfire at Carlisle this year and I can honestly say its one of the few cars that look worse in person. I can't figure what market Chrysler is going after with this car. Its no competition for the Vette since it only has a six, it can't touch the T-bird, that car has style. The Audi TT and BMW Z-coupe already have quite a reputation for performance and sports car heritage, and the high-dollar Jap two-seaters have the rep for quality and dependability.

Where does the Crossfire fit in? Let's see; average performance, Audi wanna be style and $30K plus??

I saw the Dodge Copperhead a few years ago, it was HOT and uniquely styled. In my opinion, that would have been the car to take to market.
Old 12-16-2002, 08:10 PM
Inactive User

rolleyes

Quote:
Originally posted by gthomas
Its my opinion that all of the mentioned cars are beyond butt ugly. It appears that these manufacturers are competing to make a car as ugly as the Aztec by Pontiac.

The manufacturers need to go to Italy and find an Italian to design their automobiles.
I just have to disagree with you about the aztec. nobody could design an uglier car than that without two crosseyed design teams, or maybe three!

Quick Claims Adjuster!!!
Old 12-16-2002, 09:25 PM

Eric S,

LMAO, you're right it took more than one person to think up something ugly in the scale of the Aztec. I'm beginning to believe the same guys made a truck out of it and called it the Avalanche!

GT