Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Front Wheel Drive Chat

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 02-26-2000, 06:33 AM

Exclamation

It seems all of you guys with LHs want more horse out of your car, I have a '94 Concorde and can take any other 6 cyl. any time. Im working on making it up to 300 hp by the end of the year. If you have a 3.5l engine, first thing you need to do is remove the air flow restrictor between the air filter box and the engine. This improves throttle response over 3500 rpms and really makes it sound great. Second is of course get a K&N, duh. I would suggest the cone filter if your very skilled at duct taping other wise just get the panel filter. Third is replace the spark plug wires and spark plug, use something like bosch platinum or splitfire. Forth is get a performace computer, these are manufactured my ACCEL and are available at www.wrenchhead.com. As for supercharging, there is an electric supercharger available at www.electricsupercharger.com. And of course for that crowing acheivement get a dual exhaust and remove the resonator from the exhaust system. And if you want to get some more pickup when draging that annoying Honda, dont be afraid to throw it into Low ("L") and upshift to 3rd ("3") at 6000 rpm WITHOUT REMOVING YOUR FOOT OFF THE ACCELERATOR. Take off traction control to catch a nice peel.
Old 02-28-2000, 01:32 AM

Well I have done some mods to my 94 Intrepid ES too. I don't see the performance computer on wrenchead. I do see the Accel 300+ ignition system though. Curiousity, have you bought that electric supercharger and installed it? I see www.superchips.com makes chips too but their hp figures are way off. I know a guy that is going to be a dealer soon and I hope they can tell me they are wrong cause they must be. Hey man e-mail at dodge@vt.edu sometimes, in fact any LH car lovers e-mail with mod ideas, questions, and anything in general.

Proud owner of a 1994 Dodge Intrepid ES and a 1970 Dodge Charger 500
dodge@vt.edu

Old 03-06-2000, 12:54 AM

No, i haven't bought the electric supercharger yet, I'm looking at all of my options before I go out blowing my cash. In this months issue of motor trend there is a Suped up Prowler with the 3.5l engine. The only mods are a K&Nm new headers and nitrous. I just took my '94 Concorde out and hit 115 mph on the interstate, but my speed limiter kicked in dropped my rpm down to 3000. I talked with some guy at a chrysler showroom and he said that there maybe a Mopar performance chip for the LH, but he didn't seem sure. What mods have you done to your LH?
Old 03-06-2000, 04:34 AM
Drag Racer

There is also a computer flash for "speed rated" tires that has the speed limiter removed (available for MOST Chryslers). Also there may be other driveablility improvements also.
Old 03-06-2000, 08:47 AM
Inactive User

Exclamation

There is also a computer flash for "speed rated" tires that has the speed limiter removed (available for MOST Chryslers). Also there may be other driveablility improvements also.

Thast interesting, who does this? I know that Superchips makes a chip for the Intrepid/LHS but its only for 1995 and earlier vehicles. I haven't seen a chip for the 96+ Intrepid. I was told by several different people (including a Chrsler Dealer Tech, a good friend of mine) that in 1996 Chrysler changed their computer "code/internal design" and that no aftermarket company has been able to reverse engineer the computer to be able to modify it. If anyone has any info to the contrary please post!
Old 03-06-2000, 03:56 PM

To let you know that accel stuff on www.wrenchead.com does not fit LH cars at all. Its another mess up but who hasn't been frustrated before with this. Well I have removed that stupid air restrictor, got some nice champion gold plugs, yes no matter what you say these run better in this motor, decent wires, k&n filter and some tuning on the side to it that is my own secret. Currently this car has decent tires from the previous owner on it but they can't take the power now so I am getting new ones soon. I lose a lot of time losing traction but currently this car runs 16.1 1'4 miles so I don't complain. I also am about to take my car to a certain company to have it supercharged and when that is done, if it can be the kit will be made available to others. If the supercharger can't be done the idea of aftermarket bolt-ons might be done.
Old 03-30-2000, 12:36 AM
Inactive User

Question

This maybe out of place here since I have a '99 Intrepid, but I'm trying to figure out how to get the error codes from my car, but the old method of turning the key in the ignition to the ON position 3 times doesn't work. Is it possible to get the codes anymore?
Also, speaking of plugs and wires, what brands of wires are a good upgrade over stock? I am so green with these new cars, I feel lost when looking at the engine. All my experience is with the old, reliable, 318.
Old 03-31-2000, 12:20 AM
Inactive User

Can't help you on the codes for '99, but had another LH performance question.

How is is that everyone here seems to generate enough power/torque to "really" spin (smoke) the wheels? I have a '96 with the 3.5L and have installed K&N Filtration, Bosch Platinum +4 Plugs, removed the air restrictor and still only get the tires (fairly new Michelin Symmetrys) to squeal slightly on dry smooth pavement? Now, not that I drive that way normally but I have goosed it a couple of times!

Just curious.

Thanks,

Rich
Old 03-31-2000, 02:29 PM

Exclamation

Well got the car to run a nice 15.8 1/4 mile with crappy tires. I am getting new ones in like two weeks and hope to be in the mid to low 15 second range hopefully. I have come up with other mods that can be done to my car but I'm waiting to see what happens to my supercharger deal first before I start yanking stuff out and spending money.
Old 04-17-2000, 06:46 PM

Shut off the traction control, drop the trans into L, and stomp on the gas pedal. I've easily smoked the tires on my 1995 ES with the 3.5l... Haven't done it in awhile cause while it looks cool, it eats the tires up and they can get pretty expensive after awhile

Sam

Quote:
Originally posted by rstone:

How is is that everyone here seems to generate enough power/torque to "really" spin (smoke) the wheels? I have a '96 with the 3.5L and have installed K&N Filtration, Bosch Platinum +4 Plugs, removed the air restrictor and still only get the tires (fairly new Michelin Symmetrys) to squeal slightly on dry smooth pavement? Now, not that I drive that way normally but I have goosed it a couple of times!

Just curious.

Thanks,

Rich[/B]
Old 05-21-2000, 05:08 PM

TO: Charger500
Anthing happening with that supercharger for your 3.5L? Do you have it yet? How does it run? How much is it?
Old 05-27-2000, 04:38 PM
Inactive User

Thumbs down

[QUOTE]Originally posted by brun064:
[B]It seems all of you guys with LHs want more horse out of your car, I have a '94 Concorde and can take any other 6 cyl. any time.

Careful what you say ... When you say that you "can take any other 6 cyl. any time", you mean an LH car, right? I hope so, 'cuz my wife's Regal GS (14.504 at 95.3) would blow your doors off easily. Just wanted to clarify your statement.

------------------
Doug Mill - Bellevue, WA
1985 GLH Turbo (T1) - aka "The Fly-N-Box"
12.99 secs. at 105.7
http://idt.net/~gdonovan/tcase1.html
http://www.uwm.edu/People/jpc/doug.html
Old 05-27-2000, 10:04 PM

Maybe on a 1/4 mile drag strip by about a few tenths of a second you could beat me, but you put any LH against your Buick on a road course, (with turns, cuz they have those in the real world) and you'll have a very nice supercharged Regal wrapped around a tree. And isn't it kinda sad that any regular 3.8L from GM would get smoked, so they have to give a supercharged version even to compete with a naturaly aspired Chrysler 6. Even with the supercharger it still has less horse than the new 300M. Give me two months and my Concorde (with new exhaust and ignition system, unsupercharged) will dust your Regal on any course.