Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Car Audio Forum

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 12-24-2002, 07:22 AM

Question New Cd player problems

Question 1

When I put on the brakes or lights in makes the bass speakers pop as if a bass note was hit. Sometimes the bass speakers vibrate when the lolume is low. Can you help? I have replaced the Cd player with another new one and have the same problem.

Question 2

Also , where do you people out there wire your stereo to? Such as the fuse box? If so how?
Old 12-25-2002, 02:03 PM
Inactive User

OK, what vehicle are u trying to install this radio in??? sounds like u have something shorting out or something isnt hooked up right, let me know what u have and i will be able to help u more
Old 12-25-2002, 03:20 PM

!988 Dodge Daytona Shelby Z 2.2 Turbo
Old 12-25-2002, 06:07 PM
Inactive User

ok didnt it have a wiring harness?? or did u have to straight wire the radio.....also what type of radio are u using??
Old 12-26-2002, 01:47 AM

content

All the wires was cut when I bought the car and I had to straight wire the car. Speaker wires and all. I am installing a Alpine Cd receiver.
Old 12-26-2002, 11:39 AM
Inactive User

alpine is a good deck, mmmm ouch, yeah u have to hook the power up to the fuse box..... just have to make sure u have a good connection with that kindof deck... cheaper decks it dont matter but a good powerful deck takes too much power..... just find the wires that have power with and without the key on, and u should be able to put a tab on the end of the wire and plug it in the back....its been a couple years since i have looked at that type of car..........are u straight running the wires to the speakers, and if u are what guage (sp.) wire are u using?? i wouldnt use nothing below 16 the voltage going through the wires are too strong, and also watch your rca jacks and make sure there are no cuts in cable and its well grounded.
Old 12-27-2002, 08:48 AM

I use the speaker wire that comes supplied with the new speakers. Not sure now as to what size they are. The speaker wires come directly from the amp to the speakers. I have cable coming from the CD receiver to the amps. Well, actually it comes from the EQ and then to the amps.
Old 12-27-2002, 04:44 PM
Inactive User

ok, what type of amp & eq are u using..... sorry for so many ? and no actual help, but i am trying to picture all that u have, that way i can give u the best help............also what guage are the rca cables??
Old 12-28-2002, 07:22 AM

content

Alpine EQ, Jensen amps. I am not sure of the guage of the speaker rca cables. I am thinking about replaceing them in the future.
Old 12-30-2002, 06:22 AM
Inactive User

where are you getting your battery and switched power from?
sounds like you could be hooked into a circuit that has your lights hooked into also

if you are just jumping from the fuse block check,make sure it is from an isolated circuit
usually if the wiring for the deck is cut-and that pisses me off when it is cut too short to work with,I usually just extend the wires and use the stock wiring
use a volt meter to check what is what-ie,constant,switched ect
if that is not possible then you have to find another source-fuse block is best-but make sure you know the circuit-if you dont have an option on your car that was available,then check to see if that spot is usable-you can tell fuse spots that are not used,but have the wiring to it,but not from it to the option-just make it work
Old 01-02-2003, 07:30 AM

I am not sure as of this moment as to what fuse it is but I will change that asap. But they are both wired to the same fuse. I had thought about wireing it to the original power wire to the factory that has been long cut. If I can figure which is the hot wire/ or wires. I am not sure as to which would be an isolated circuit.

What do you mean by: if you dont have an option on your car that was available,then check to see if that spot is usable-you can tell fuse spots that are not used,but have the wiring to it,but not from it to the option-just make it work
Old 01-02-2003, 07:31 AM

I am not sure as of this moment as to what fuse it is but I will change that asap. But they are both wired to the same fuse. I had thought about wireing it to the original power wire to the factory that has been long cut. If I can figure which is the hot wire/ or wires. I am not sure as to which would be an isolated circuit. Today I put the cd player on pause with the volume on low and the subs are constant moving in and out rapidly.

What do you mean by: if you dont have an option on your car that was available,then check to see if that spot is usable-you can tell fuse spots that are not used,but have the wiring to it,but not from it to the option-just make it work