Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Front Wheel Drive Chat

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 06-14-2000, 06:41 AM

Question

Has anybody heard of Eibach springs? I am tired of the squat when I accelerate hard and want a good stiff suspension. Any opinions are welcome.

-Otherguy
Old 06-22-2000, 07:23 AM
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally posted by Otherguy:
Has anybody heard of Eibach springs? I am tired of the squat when I accelerate hard and want a good stiff suspension. Any opinions are welcome.

-Otherguy
It doesn't appear that many other followers of this chat forum pay much attention to anything not found under the hood of a car. I thought that you would have recieved some responce to your question.

Any how, I have not tried Eibach springs on my 95 Vision TSI but I am seriously contemplating it. I don't find that the Vision squats on acceleration but then again it does have the factory performance package. I would like to lower the centre of gravity of the car and wouldn't mind if the spring rates were higher than that of the stock springs. I don't get alot of body roll for a 3600lb. car but I figure that you can never have too little body roll ie.less is better. The car is too big to be "tossable" on the road but does go where it's pointed. I would like to improve on this.

Just as a side note. I have been running on Ponteza RE 940's for the past two years and they aid handling inmeasurably. Best tire purchase that I have ever made. Asta la vista Michelin. The XGT V4's have been replaced by the Pilot's anyways.

I have read what I can find on the Eibach springs and I probably will give them a try in the next few months. Reviews can be found on TireRack.com, CarReview.com and of course on the Eibach.com site. If you get them on your car before I have them installed on my Vision, let me know what you think.

[This message has been edited by 12vDC (edited June 22, 2000).]
Old 06-23-2000, 08:59 AM
Intense Blue Member

Exclamation

Wazzup, yo if it don't make my ride go FAstEsT I don't care no way yo! ;^)

The 300M guys have tried the springs - check out their groups on Edmund's Town Hall talk. The springs lowered their cars around 1.5" and stiffend 'em up well. The hardest part was finding a shop which would do the install work for any reasonable price. Seems the springs were around $270 for 4, but the shops wanted as much as $500+ in some cases!
Old 06-25-2000, 07:57 PM

If a person could get their hands on a spring compressor, how difficult would it be to install the springs themself? I'm really not in the market to spend an additional $500 to have them installed.

-Otherguy