Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > General Chat > Street Warrior Forum - great street race stories.....

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 12-25-2002, 02:27 AM
Plutonium Member

Exclamation Gotta Christmas Eve Ticket

I'm in Ohio & a big snowstorm is coming tonight, so A-Vipering I'm A-Going to get some gas and make sure the battery is fully charged because it will be over a week until I drive it again.

I go over to a family member's house and meet the rest of my family there, we have some snacks and etc. It is now getting to be early evening and a few drops of almost freezing rain come down every now and then. I take my sister-in-law home and head home myself because it's going to snow.

I'm almost home when a pair of ricers want to say that they beat a Viper. One illegally passes me from a right turn only lane from the right of me, but he put on his turn signal to get in my lane. Then another ricer zooms past me on the left followed by a tailgating Ford Crown Vic, both going over 20 MPH over the speed limit. Both ricers had the required coffee can exhaust tips.

As soon as the Ford Crown Vic was a one car length ahead of me, he displayed the true Christmas Spirit by turning on all the Christmas lights he had on his Sherriff's Patrol Car. He then pulled the ricer over that passed me on the left...

===============
Kenny

Even the trees mimic the shape of my Viper.
Old 12-25-2002, 09:11 PM
Inactive User

LOL

If you had pair you would have raced them...
Old 12-26-2002, 09:55 AM
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally posted by ramcharger74
Hey ramcharger74 . . . if YOU would have read the post you would have realized that the tailgating Crown Vic he is talking about was a patrol car. Yeah . . . real smart . . . race them and get pulled over also for racing. READ BEFORE YOU SPEAK!!!!!!

SUN RA KAT . . . Nice Viper!!!!
Old 01-01-2003, 06:32 PM
Inactive User

Thumbs up

Hey Kenny-long time no see!!! Have you had the balls to bury the loud pedal on that snake yet?

BTW... Happy New Year everyone!!!
Old 01-02-2003, 06:55 PM
Plutonium Member

84GreyRam -

I'm going to be getting the Sean Roe engine management system because the MSD Boost Retard Box and the Roe VEC1 can't manage the air fuel mixture well enough for full throttle blasts. Also, the cooler weather has added a lot of extra horsepower and the streets don't have near the traction in the cold as they do in warmer weather. The neccessary tweaks should hopefully be completed by the end of January, and then I will take it to the dyno for tuning.

I did do a 1/3 throttle run in 4th gear and my Viper was continously squirrelly, which I interpretted as spinning the rear tires somewhat up to 95 MPH, where I decided that's fast enough for me. The true road speed was probably close to 90 MPH because the tires weren't spinning out of control, but they seemed to be spinning enough to have the rear end go a little from side-to-side.

I suspect that it will be some time after I go to Viper Days in the spring to get professional instruction on driving my Viper that I will got full throttle. My Viper should be able to go close to 75-150 MPH in 5.0 seconds.
Old 01-08-2003, 06:27 PM
Inactive User

Glad to see a pic of the Viper Sun Ra.

BTW the "your not gonn like Fridays" joke is killer!

More, More,I want more the clay boy said!
Old 01-11-2003, 07:11 AM
Inactive User

Justice is served!LOL. BTW nice Viper, I'm so jealous!
Old 01-19-2003, 03:04 PM
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally posted by ramcharger74
When you got a car that fast why even bother. They probably didn't want to race (just wanted to get a look at the front of the car)