Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > General Chat > MOPAR NASCAR!

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 12-26-2002, 12:20 AM

Default Schrader in a Dodge!!

Well, I must admit that I did get an early Christmas present. Ken Schrader is driving a Dodge next season.
I read yesterday that he signed with BAM racing to drive the #49 car that was vacated by Shawna Robinson and later Derike Cope.
He made a comment about being excited about the future at BAM and if they make the commitment that I think they are going to make, it's going to be a heck of a season.
I'm still fans of Sterling and Ward, but it never hurts to have another veteran in a Dodge out waging war on the competition.
Have a Happy New Year, and ...................See ya at the track!!
Old 12-26-2002, 08:23 AM
Inactive User

I have always been a "closet" Ken Schrader fan since the mid 80s when he drove for Junie Donlevey. He is a truly nice guy, who loves to race anything with four wheels, still barnstorms around the country to race, and is very approachable anywhere.

He and Bobby Hamilton were left standing in the Winston Cup "musical chairs" contest this winter. Ken found a seat with BAM racing, Hamilton so far has not.

I hope he has success with BAM racing; the team is new, probably lacks experience, funding and expertise is several areas. I wish him well.

Even though he will drive a Mopar in Winston Cup, I doubt if he will change the engine in his truck or any of his dirt race cars.
Old 12-28-2002, 10:14 PM
Inactive User

more dodges

My feeling is the more dodges the better,just hope they never put a loose cannon like robbie gordon in one. he will take out anybody,even a teammate would not be safe!
Old 01-06-2003, 03:12 PM
Inactive User

Question

When did Schrader announce he would be in the 49 car? I thought he had a deal with the 55 team pending sponsorship?
Old 01-06-2003, 10:42 PM

Default The day before Christmas

If you want the specifics, go to thatsracin.com and click on the link that says jayski. Then, either go to drivers and look for Schrader, or look under the 49 car.
I'm not sure what happend at APR, but I don't think he got a sponsor, and BAM did. They have a sponsor for the whole season, and were tickled pink so to speak about having Schrader in their car. I had anticipated that Derike Cope was going to drive for BAM but I guess Schrader was a more attractive driver.
Anyway, I hope that helps and.......................See ya at the track!!
Old 01-07-2003, 12:07 AM
Inactive User

Thanks!! I did some surfing and found out all about it, welll....at least what was there.

Do ya think they'll paint one of them pink?

Looking forward to seeing Schrader do good this year. Big fan of his.

LAter,
Dave
Old 01-08-2003, 03:11 PM
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally posted by dr.crypto
Thanks!! I did some surfing and found out all about it, welll....at least what was there.

Do ya think they'll paint one of them pink?

Looking forward to seeing Schrader do good this year. Big fan of his.

LAter,
Dave
Look at Nascar.com his test speeds so far.. Looks pretty good..
Old 01-19-2003, 09:18 PM
Inactive User

Although I am excited to have another Dodge in the field, and a veteran driver at the wheel...I am not sure Schrader is the guy. His last victory was in 1991....last year was his worst year...I hope he can turn things around!!!
Old 01-22-2003, 11:20 PM
Inactive User

Question just the ticket

this change may just be what ken needs to either get him going ,or even finish his career on the plus side of things. i am interested to see how ryan and rusty will do !
Old 01-25-2003, 05:46 PM
Inactive User

Cool

I spoke w/ Kenny just last week, here at the Motorsports show. He has been helping me for a couple of years now w/ my dirt late model. They don't know how long the deal will last w/ Bam, a sponsdorship thing is the key right now. I think all Kenny needs is a good car and some luck. He sure has the expeirence & knowhow. I wish him luck,as we have been friends for years. I just don't think the team has the staff needed to put together a winner.
'the old man'
Old 01-25-2003, 10:21 PM

Just as a side note, does anyone know what happened with Shawna Robinson? Is she done with Nascar or is she going to find another ride?
Old 01-30-2003, 12:17 PM
Inactive User

Cry where is she now?

I have no idea where she is but i would rather look at her than schrader any day. she could drive better than robby gordon,but thats just my opinion.
Old 02-08-2003, 11:23 PM

Default How 'bout that 49 car in the Shootout?

Man, I just finished watching the But shootout and man, I thought Schrader was going to pull an upset!! Those guys at BAM had the 49 car running strong. I just hope that was a preview of the 500 next weekend. I'll keep my fingers crossed. It's time Ken had some good luck. Just my two cents, and .....................See ya at the track!!
Old 02-09-2003, 12:09 AM
Inactive User

Yep, that was a pretty good shootout. Very close! It sure is nice to see a large Dodge turnout this year. The law of averages may turn in our favor....if Asscar's mandates don't ruin it.

Anyone notice Jr. is still able to pull away from the pack? He must still be running quite a bit more horsepower than everyone else.
Old 02-09-2003, 12:48 AM
Banned

Yep, He's still riddin on his daddys name and nascar is still lettin him get by with cheattin just like they did his old man. Whatcan you expect its chebby and Bud. money. And money rules nascar these days. The nascar favoritism is getting to be about as bad as what we indure at the Sat. night local tracks around here. If you aint in a chebby or in there clik then you are screwed to begin with.