Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > General Chat > Street Warrior Forum - great street race stories.....

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 01-03-2003, 03:30 AM
Inactive User

Default Excuses Excuses!!!

This guy I work with has a Civic Si V-tec 5spd that is a couple of years old. The other night we were heading to the chow hall for the midnight meal and the passenger in the Civic asked if I wanted to race. We both started our engines and let them warm up for about 5 minutes since it was about 30 degrees out. We pulled out and the Civic pulls straight out of the parking space and takes off. I had to back out of my spot then go forward. He had about 6 car lengths on me by the time I got rolling good. He had me by an easy 8 lengths by the time I got traction. I caught him at about 80mph which is a good ways before I had went 1/4 mile. I was still pulling him hard when I passed him too. I just stayed on it to get a good lead before shutting down. We got to the Chow hall and he went into this long explenation of how the V-Tec doesn't open all the valves if the engine isn't warmed up yet and that is why he lost.
He didn't ask to go again though. I don't think he wants to get beat by a 4,400lb truck without an excuse to fall back on...LOL
Doing 100mph on base isn't the best thing to be doing anyways though
Old 01-11-2003, 07:18 AM
Inactive User

You did this on Base, you crazy man you. If that was me the SP's would have my ass and then some! Oh and he is full of crap. exellant kill!
Old 01-11-2003, 08:11 AM
Inactive User

This was during Christmas break, About 2/3 of the base was off or on leave. There weren't any cops near where we were at. Any other time we would have atleast been seen.
Old 01-19-2003, 04:27 AM
Inactive User

He's learning!!

A few nights after this we are sitting at work BS'ing and I'm looking through an auto trader. The kid with the Civic asks me "What would be a good MOPAR to build up" I asked him what he would want to do with it and he said "I'd want it to be as fast as possible" I suggested a smallblock A-body. He asked if a bigblock would fit. I told him not to bother since a MOPAR smallblock is equivelant to a Furd or Chivvy Big Block. He's been asking me about it consistently since then.

Maybe there is still hope for him.