Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Performance Talk

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 01-03-2003, 10:05 AM
Inactive User

Question Dual Snorkel Scoop

Does any body know where I can buy the dual snorkel hoodscoop that fits the early Duster (71). I seen one in the Year One catalog, but I like to cut out the middleman, plus Year One is kind of expensive. Are there any other sources out there?

Hans

Oops, I meant the one piece dual snorkel scoop which mounts in the center of the hood.
Old 01-03-2003, 11:38 AM
Inactive User

Default scoop

YearOne, or The Paddock,
Old 01-03-2003, 12:00 PM
Inactive User

Sorry, I'm not aware of anyone making these except for the ones at yearone and the paddock. Those have the chrome trim bezel made out of plastic I believe. Check on ebay or moparts, you will likely find a set of originals there. They typically go for around $200 a set, depending on the condition of them, and the real bezels are potmetal, and will cost around $150 or so to have them chromed if they are in rough shape. Just going on experience here, went through that last year!

Good luck, and maybe someone knows who the manufacturer is for the year one pieces.

Old 01-03-2003, 12:41 PM
Inactive User

Default Scoops

Look at the ones in the J.C. Whitney Catalog or online. They aren't original of course, but if money is tight you may find some you like.
Old 01-03-2003, 01:32 PM

hhgregor,

I think I have the one you are looking for. Mine came on a '72 Demon. If you want it I'll sell it to you. E-mail me directly @ mbadge2211@aol.com
Old 01-03-2003, 09:17 PM
Inactive User

AAR Fiberglass Reproductions makes them. Bought one for a Dart I had recently. The quality is second to none. I had bought one of the ones offered by The Paddock for another car and it was rough! Really rough. Get up with AAR, you'll like what they got, and you'll be dealing directly with the manufactuer.

www.aarqualityfiberglass.com
Old 01-03-2003, 11:31 PM

Their were two different types of scoops used on the Dart. The later ones were a single scoop in the middle of the hood. The earlier ones were the exact same scoops (a pair) that were used on the Dodge Coronets RamCharger hood. As he said scoops, I would think that he is refering to the twin scoops and not the single scoop in the center of the hood.