Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > General Chat > Rumors and Gossip, etc...

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 01-05-2003, 01:38 PM
Inactive User

Default Lutz has a 1,000hp Maybach killer!

Okay, I know I've been posting a lot of brand-X stuff in this forum with the Detroit auto show going on, but what car guy/gal doesn't consider this stuff a good read? I was on drudgereport.com reading the news and saw this! Wait until GM performance parts offers a crate motor!

http://www.msnbc.com/news/854650.asp?0cv=KB10

Old 01-06-2003, 01:51 AM
Inactive User

Unhappy Give us a break!!!

We come to Moparchat to get away from this kind of crap. If you have a brand X car and need help or advice with it then I'm sure we would all be glad to help, but I don't think we really want to see another Brand X pipedream/smokeshow/wondercar.

If you want to get us going find some pics of 1100hp Vipers and stuff like that.
Old 01-06-2003, 01:55 AM
Inactive User

Biggrin

And another thing, in response to the article, I thought Dodge showed the world that Detroit was king when we sent the Vipers to the 24hrs at Lemans and cleaned everyones clocks.
Old 01-06-2003, 01:30 PM
Inactive User

Cool

Yeah yeah yeah, flame away, but it's obvious someone is interested in this stuff. As of this moment my GTO thread has 8 replies and 101 views. So far this thread has 25 views, not bad for a day old thread in the rumors & gossip forum. Like I said earlier, I posted this as entertainment because it makes for interesting reading.

"This car will show the world that we will simply take a back seat to no one." - Bob Lutz

Open your eyes man, we're at a turning point in American automotive history, don't you at least want to read about it on Moparchat?
Old 01-06-2003, 08:48 PM
Inactive User

A turning point in american history? That thing is almost as ugly as the aztec. I don't care if it is supposed to have 2000hp. A turning point in american history is the fact that everyone is starting to make 300+hp engines again and they keep upping the numbers within a couple of years it will be like the 196o's again as the musclecars return and the horsepower wars go full force. And I guarantee I'll never end up at a redlight racing a $250,000 Caddidilac. So, I'm sorry if I can't share your enthusiasm.
Old 01-06-2003, 10:32 PM
Inactive User

"American history"? Butchering quotes of mine isn't going to help your argument.

Yes, if the Sixteen is produced it will signify a turning point in American AUTOMOTIVE history. The Sixteen is to Detroit what the Viper was to Chrysler in the early 90's. After 30+ years of putting out almost complete garbage the Sixteen will be looked at as the point where Detroit turned it all around. (Even though we've already begun to move in this direction with the rear wheel drive renaissance.) This new era will be better than the muscle car wars of the 60's. We're already approaching the point where new cars will surpass the performance of anything ever produced before in every conceivable way. 405 N-E-T horsepower, 28mpg, ZO6 Corvettes so efficient that they meet LEV standards without catalytic converters prove this. Not to mention 1.00 G's on the skidpad, crumple zones, airbags, ABS, 4 wheel disc brakes, and real seatbelts. New V6 Honda Accords are doing mid 14's in the 1/4 mile stock. Ringers in the magazines aside, what percentage of stock muscle cars could even pull that? Even the '68 Hemi A-bodies' 1/4 mile record is threatened by the upcoming 1000+hp, quad turbo, W-16, AWD Bugatti Veyron (not Detroit iron but you get the idea.)

P.S. If you don't like the topic then don't read the thread. Maybe you should speak for yourself from now on, judging by how many hits my "brand-X" threads are getting the only person who seems to mind is you. If there was a problem the moderators would have whacked those threads by now. Never before have I seen anyone get flamed for posting an off topic thread in an off topic forum.

Bring on the flames people, I'm always up for a good debate.

Peace!
Old 01-06-2003, 10:49 PM
Inactive User

I have not flamed you once. Flaming would be something like "Are you stupid? Keep that crap out of here!!"

You asked a question and I answered it. I am a car guy who doesn't consider this stuff a good read.

Just because someone views a thread doesn't mean its "Popular" I have viewed the GTO thread about ten times to see what was said. That means I count for 10% of the views. After all, if this thread was all that popular, Wouldn't someone else have responded by now.

I think the main thing that got me about this post was that nothing indicated that it was about a GM or Brand-X product. After all, if you are going to post a pic of the worlds ugliest $250,000 car, the least you can do is warn people.
Old 01-07-2003, 05:10 AM
Inactive User

Surely they can't be serious!
Look at the size of this thing and the weird front. I actually find this trend quite disturbing, a V16 engine with over 10 litres capacity is not something to applaud. I find that GM cars are getting uglier whilst their engines get bigger, this is not new wave technology, it's going backwards.
The reason I got into Mopars was that Chrysler can do more with less cubes than the competion. I find Chrysler sixes are the equal of other brands eights and Chrysler small blocks equal the others big blocks. If GM have to use an oversized V16 to get power they better go back to engineering school.

The link says it all though, it was designed for "Moguls" in Lutz's words. Well the fat cats can have their Caddy to pose in.

BTW BLK00DAK, keep up the cool posts.
Old 01-08-2003, 05:13 PM
Moderator and HEMI FIEND

cool out guys.
this is a mopar board, so if your going to post something about GM cars at least try to connect it to Mopar.
If people here are interested in Non mopars then they will go and look at info at non mopar sites.
Other than that, I do like what Lutz is doing at GM.
Old 01-09-2003, 11:46 PM
Inactive User

Smile

Alrighty, lemme just say a couple things. Guam SS/T, I had no intention of being mean, it's just that when people are having a discussion with opposing viewpoints things don't always come off as polite as they could. Please understand that there's nothing personal here. I'm a big fan of debates, to me debate is a big part of the fun on any internet message board. Crossfire on CNN, O'reilley on Fox, I even go to theologyonline.com to watch Christians debate Atheists. I can't wait to see George W. Bush debate in 2004, maybe he'll be up against Hillary Clinton??? Hehe. Anyhow, sorry.
Old 01-10-2003, 10:51 AM
Inactive User

I agree with your last statement completely. That's why I pointed out that I was not trying to flame you. That is also a reason that there are so many people on this site who don't exclusively own MOPARs. On this site people rarely flame and usually can agree to disagree.

Just don't ask anyone to help you sue Daimler Chrysler....LOL The last person who did that would have been lynched if we could have found him
Old 01-14-2003, 08:12 PM
Inactive User

Cool you'll never see it

I read the article and they are going in the right direction, thought I don't think I could ever forgive Lutz for jumping ship on MotherMopar

I also know that if you want to sell a model of vehicle it normally should be priced in range of the common man...Remember the Roadrunner? Now ask yourself who is going to spend the money on such a car just to take it to Friday night drags? Not very many(if any) I think. Bisides mother hasn't countered yet You never know what might be hiding up mothers sleeve...As an example I present the unveiling of the V-10 motorcycle posted on other threads Now who among us 6 months ago would have thought that that spirit was steal alive at DC
Old 01-14-2003, 08:17 PM
Moderator and HEMI FIEND

Lutz didnt jump ship, he was forced out by Robert Eaton(The Iaccoca replacement).
Read the book about the Chrysler Daimler merger...its all in there!
Old 01-14-2003, 10:06 PM
Inactive User

Gripe I didn't know

Jeez, sorry I didn't know and here I was thinking that he had left
because of all of the cash that they waved under his nose. I guess if you're on your way out you may as well go where the money's good
Old 01-15-2003, 03:57 AM
Moderator and HEMI FIEND

No big deal dude, I didnt mean my last responce in any negative way....
Old 01-16-2003, 10:05 AM
Inactive User

look at all the GM auto's,there ugly,I don't know what thay are thinking,Iwould never even think of buying some thing like that even if it was $1200 bucks,the 300m in my opion is a verry cool car and will be way to cool when its rear wheel drive with a hemi stuffed in it,look at the300m from the front , it looks like a face that is going to eat u up,just my two cents ,,,,speedfreak.