Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Performance Talk

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 01-07-2003, 01:42 AM
Inactive User

Default Mopar Engines Book

Where can I get a copy of the mopar engines book? I looked at mopar performance but their site is under construction or something.
Old 01-07-2003, 01:50 AM
Banned

Which one? Theres a few......Victoria BC?
Old 01-07-2003, 03:11 AM
Inactive User

ooooh, that sounds like i might not have to order it. yeah, victoria b.c. the small block engines book. i hope thats all you need.
Old 01-07-2003, 09:17 AM
Inactive User

Default How to Hot Rod your Small Block Mopar

I've had this book for years, and really tells you, in details, all you need to know about small blocks: their history, modifications, etc.

I highly recommend it, and usually go to it when I need some references.
Old 01-07-2003, 11:23 AM
Banned

Try Amazon.com, good selection, fast delivery. Or your local Hot Rod joint. They mostly cater to GM and Furds.
Old 01-08-2003, 12:16 PM
Moparchat Bronze member

http://www.manciniracing.com/
Old 01-11-2003, 01:08 AM
Inactive User

The engines book is a great resource lots of good info!! Has anyone found that this book is becoming obsolete or very datedwith all the new parts coming into the market place over the last 2-3 years?
Old 01-11-2003, 11:10 AM
Moparchat Bronze member

The engine book only show case's MoPar equipment. If you picked up the book on pre Magnum engines, it will have info on all thats current. Or close to what is current.
It was about a week ago or so I was at my mech. garage talking. He stepped out for a second. My eyes just romed around to find a "Direct Connection" Engines book. A stroll through this book showed a lot of info that is no longer printed. The reason is easy to see. Many parts are no longer used or made or super seeded.
The new intakes and a few cam profiles have not made the new book due to lack of testing on the road and track. So to write in depth about them could be hard. Such places as this BB have more info on these parts IMO. You just need to find out who is running them and talk about it.
They may be a muliti billion dollor company, but super extensive testing on hundreds of combos isn't in there bugget.
The info you seek from them may not show up for a while. They do rely on us, the racer and enthuiest for info on how it works.
Old 01-12-2003, 12:41 AM
Inactive User

The Mopar Engine Book is a dealer item and listed in the mopar performance catalog.
Old 01-12-2003, 10:25 AM
Inactive User

The Mopar Engine Manual is a good book for the performance enthusist. It primarily showcases Mopar parts and doesn't say much about aftermarket parts. The clearances, tolerances are very conservative, and if followed will keep you out of trouble.
It is not a "state of the art" racing manual.

I have always gotten mine(I think I have four, one is over 20 years old) at the local dealer.
Old 01-12-2003, 11:12 AM
Inactive User

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally posted by sanborn
The Mopar Engine Manual is a good book for the performance enthusist. It primarily showcases Mopar parts and doesn't say much about aftermarket parts. The clearances, tolerances are very conservative, and if followed will keep you out of trouble.
It is not a "state of the art" racing manual.

I have always gotten mine(I think I have four, one is over 20 years old) at the local dealer.
Hey sanborn
We must shop at the same store.
I agree with your statment on the clerances.
And their cam duration #`s are pretty fuzzy too.
And acording to them you would need thire chrome valve covers if you intend to turn good times in the 1/4 mile.
BUT if you can read between the lines of sales piches.
Tere is definately good info to be gained from that source.
Old 01-12-2003, 03:01 PM
Inactive User

Default No go, at the dealer

I've tried ordering these from the dealer, and had no luck.

They say that, they place the order, but the orders are not being filled by the publisher.

I don't know what that means, other than my dealer can't get the book.

I've been meaning to try some of the online sources, but haven't gotten around to it. I always prefer to buy "hands on" rather than on line.
Old 01-13-2003, 12:51 AM
Moparchat Bronze member

I had a freinds twin brother, whom is a Chevy fan laff at that as well. He started to rib me on it. I said "Of course you should use them, don't you know why college boy?"
"Duuuuue, no, why?"
I said "The chrome forms a smoooother surface for the oil to run down faster. DUH!"
Guess who poped up with chrome covers next weekend?

Things that make you go Hummmmmm.
Old 01-13-2003, 05:06 PM
Inactive User

LMAO! Chevy knobs, gotta love em.
Old 01-14-2003, 02:19 AM
Inactive User

The best,I got from a chevy guy, was this.

We were at a sub shop on a friday night.

He told me outright, that there was absolutely no way my 340 duster could beat his 283 impala(with a 327 cam) Of course, his brother was somewhere else with the car that night.

I said "what makes you so sure?"

He said "Because mine is a chevy, and your's is a dodge"

He was dead serious! I only wish I would have met up with him at a light. Just an example of the mentality, although I must admit I have seen similar attitudes from people who drive all types of cars.
Old 01-14-2003, 11:17 AM
Banned

Just as well that you didnt spank him...The last thing we need is every time a chevy guy gets stomped by a Mopar they run out and buy one. There wont be any left for real Moparholics
A 283 in an impala? Thats a real good power to weight ratio. He should hook up right away
Old 01-17-2003, 12:06 PM
Inactive User

Hey Guys,
I don' know if you or most people know but there is a Mopar Engines (Speed Secrets& racing Modifications for Chrysler V-8 & 6 Cylinder Engines) Book for $25.00. This book covers all but the stroker crates engines that Mopar sells. Also tells hot to set up racing projects for bracket, strip, & some oval applications. The part number to order this book is P5249704 for a book that over 800+ pages of Mopar knowledge info. The catch is you can't reference this part number thru the dealership it just won't show up. But if you walk in & tell them to look up this part number it will show up as Smallblock, Bigblock, V-6 & Slant 6 books combined. You can order this thru the dealership but it will cost you more(why I don't know) & take long time to get there & possibly come in damaged. Because when all the people who work there see it they will want to look at it believe me. The best way to get one is to call Mopar Performance Parts 1-800-348-4696 tell them to look up the P5249704 to verify you are getting the big Mopar Engine book. You can pay by credit card or send a money order.
This book is in its 9th Edition & Final printing after this supply are sold, this book will be no more because you get 3 books for the price of one!! I hope this helps everyone out....I have ordered 3 of these books I for me & 2 for 2 grateful Mopar nuts to prove I wasn't telling a tall tale. Later, dudes.