Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Performance Talk

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 01-18-2003, 11:54 AM
Inactive User

Help Help!!!

ok last night i was coming home . whne i pulled up i noticed i was a little to close to my cay in front of me so i decided to back up but when i did all that happens is my car revs up . so i was thinking that was funny so i put it in neutral and it went forward. drive, first, and second did the regular thing. park made the car leach forward a bit but nothing major. my car is a 74 dart w/318 and a 727 trans auto. ...
thanks in advance
ryan
Old 01-18-2003, 12:22 PM
This account disabled due to bad email address!

Default Re: Help!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by 74dartboy
ok last night i was coming home . whne i pulled up i noticed i was a little to close to my cay in front of me so i decided to back up but when i did all that happens is my car revs up . so i was thinking that was funny so i put it in neutral and it went forward. drive, first, and second did the regular thing. park made the car leach forward a bit but nothing major. my car is a 74 dart w/318 and a 727 trans auto. ...
thanks in advance
ryan
So let me think here..............your question is a little puzzling. We need more detail than that really but here goes........your car went forward in nuetral........did nothing in reverse, Seems like omthing wrong with your shifter, what kind is it, also the linkage too. Should be steel rod type linkage, but could be cable if someone switched it out. Sounds like that neutral is high gear, in that case reverse is neutral now and will not do anything right? If this is so you should not be able fo find low gear. But park makes it want to go forward a bit, Sounds like a bent linkage. Or some one has put a bad voodoo curse on your tranny.......it happens here about every week.
Old 01-18-2003, 05:26 PM
Inactive User

Take a look at your linkage as it is a really common occurance ( at least in all of my "A" bodies) to have a hitch pin fall out and not have positive contact or a worn bushing around column shift linkage that slips and does the same. Either way, you have to "feel" for your shift and ignore the pointer to get home. Make sure everything is connected well and straight as it's supposed to be....
P.S. QUIT TAILGATING!!! (lol)