Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Performance Talk

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 01-27-2003, 11:36 AM
Inactive User

Smile Can this be done???

OK I hope you guys can help me on this one or at least give me some ideas. I have a 91 Regular Cab Dakota with the pre mag 318 TBI with the A500 and 3.55 suregrip. What i was wondering is What needs to be done to get this to run 12's. I estimate now that it runs high 14's to mid 15's My goal is to make a a normally aspirated (No juice or forced induction) daily/weekend driver. If possible i would like to keep it a 318 but I have also thought about do a crate motor swap and putting the 360/380 in it or finding a 440 and rubuilding it to be a street/stip motor. I plan on changing the gears to 4.10 and possibly changing the trans to a 727 but am not sure about that. I ahve also considered haveing the engine bored .030 over and bult with a 4" crank so it would be a 390 stroker but am concerned about the drivability of this motor and its out put. I am planning on making any engine that is put in it carberated because i dont have to worry about emmisions where i am at. Thanks for your help