Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Power Adders

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 02-21-2003, 05:08 AM

Where to put the nitrous purge solenoid?

It seems like everyone has their purge solenoids set so when they are used, a blast of nitrous blows up and over the windshield. But is there any reason for this, or is it just for looks?

A few years back, I read in a car magazine that the purge should blow directly onto the main nitrous solenoid to cool it off.

I'd imagine you don't want to blow the nitrous around in the engine compartment, as the engine may get it and lean out, but what about blowing it under the car or something where no one will see it?
Old 02-22-2003, 05:58 PM
Inactive User

Tim, the reason most of us blow N20 over the windsheild is to see that the system is purged & it's away from the air intake. I havent had a problem with solenoids overheating, so I dont know about that statement.
Yes & you have it right, some people just like to show off & put an oversized purge vavle & line to waste their N20 & look good.
I'm sure you can vent it however you wish, unless your @ a sanctioned race. It will have to be vented as everyone else normally does.
Hope this helps.
Old 03-12-2003, 12:02 AM
Inactive User

340man: So now I know why your car goes from 9.90's to 9.0's. You forgot to tell me that you were on the spray. I tried to E-Mail you to say hi today and see if you took your baby out yet. It's still in the 'teens here and our racing season starts in 2 1/2 weeks (Delmar open race). My new 511 is all in pieces, but I should be able to finish in time if I'd just get off my ass. I put the cam bearings in and gapped the rings, now I just have to do a final clearance check before I assemble it.
Ken B.
Old 03-12-2003, 08:04 PM
Inactive User

Ken thats not the case. The dart is a all motor car - no juice on it. I can tell ya though that if she doesn't run like I think it should it will have it. My calculations,if correct, would put me in the mid 8's easy with 150 shot. These are just comments from street racin days.
Send me an E-mail @
A70DART@aol.com
Old 03-21-2003, 10:07 PM
Inactive User

Ken the track nearest me is still closed for repairs & i have not had the time to travel to houston raceway to run it. April the 5th is the new open day for the track. Well thats what they say anyway, it's changed several times this month alone.
As soon as it's ran i'll let you know if i'm goin to have to juice it.
I really think it will run ok without it. Heck you'll get to run before I do.