Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Performance Talk

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 12-22-1999, 09:24 PM

Thumbs up

This is kind of a side track to the post "The making of a 426 street wedge." After reading this other post, which dealt with stroking a 383 to 426 cubes and topping it off with some wedge heads, I got to thinking, Why not try do the same but use hemi conversion heads? There is a company in Walnut, CA called Stage V Engineering and they make hemi conversion heads for B and RB engines. I have not had any experience with their products, but thought that they might be used to make a neat low deck 426 Hemi. I don't know if this would be the way to go or if it would be better to invest in some nice Indy heads and do the wedge version. I'm sure it would rev higher than the "hemi" (heavier piston weight, valvetrain troubles, etc...) but I just think the 426 hemi clone would be a cool engine to build. If anyone has had any experience using their products please tell us what you thought.... or just an opinion, wedge or hemi? Whaddya think? Stage V's website is http://www.stagev.com for anyone who wants to check them out.

Pat
Old 12-22-1999, 09:31 PM
Inactive User

Biggrin

it depends on what you are going to do with your engine. if you are just going to do a mild build up and drive it on the streets, keep the wedge (CI=400,440) if you are going to drag race or heavilly modify your engine get the hemi heads, because they have a better design.

PS: I think that your idea is cool and i would like somebody to build a B hemi
Old 12-23-1999, 08:36 AM
Inactive User

The problem with the B-hemi is that there are no ready intake manifolds for it. It also costs the same, or less to build a bigger 'real' Hemi. The StageV head conversion kit is pretty expensive and you should have to use custom pistons and intake, propably even headers. You also have to severely modify the block for the pushrods. Now that MP and others offers the Hemis I can see no reason to build one using the conversion heads and a two bolt main block.