Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Performance Talk

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 02-26-2003, 05:49 AM
Banned

Default Doug Wilson..I've got kids too!

Hey Doug,

As the race season approaches my family gets bigger....and you wonder why they call me Big Daddy..the truth is it should be Big Wallet...LOL

Son #1
Budwieser Bob Impressed the Hell outta me on Sunday....arrived here at 11 am to buy(borrow, I'll pay ya later I promise) 5 gallons of race gas. Had that new motor in back of his Toyota for his Chevy truck......called me at 6PM and it was running!

Monday he called and said he was testing his convertor in the driveway..twisted the rear joint apart and bent the driveline...hhehehehehee

"Can I pay you next week for the fuel?"

Those Chevy guys....lol

Couldn't afford 6 ft of used -06 fuel line at $2 a foot so he bought 6 feet of rubber hose and 2 clamps..burned it through playing around in the driveway and tried to do a road flare imitation.....LOL

"Do you still have that used line".."No Nitro Boy bought it this morning".."c'mon Dude I need that F'ing line Dude Man you know dude I jeeze Dude"...LOL

So today he calls and wants all new line and a couple of fittings and adaptors..about $100...here we go.."Dude man can I pay ya next month dude"...
..."sure and I'll have it ready for you next month......LOL...When are you going to bring my jug back and the $25.00 for the fuel".....
"I'll see you at the track in two weeks"....
"No, I need my jug and my money...you won't be at the track unless you get that fuel line fixed"

"You mean you won't float me for the fuel line?"

"No, I'm not Your Daddy"

"My credits good..."

"So give me your credit card number and I'll order the line and fittings"

"I don't have a credit card"

"So the bank won't give you credit but you want me to?...Bob...perhaps you've.. Exceeded the Speed of Your Wallet"...

I love it when I get to use that line in real life.....LOL

....anyhow I ordered the line for him today and if he doesn't come up with the money by next week I'll float him on the line, make him run a HUGE FBO Systems sticker on the truck and wax our Motorhome....hahahahaaa

Don't forget opening day is March 9th,
We'll be there Saturday night, BBQ fired up and steaks on the grill.....see you there?

Son #2
We fire the MIGHTY 440 this Saturday, keep your fingers crossed for Allen...it's been a struggle for him...he got 80#'s of pressure with his 1/2" drill last night so that makes me feel real good about it..I think he's done a good job and it's gonna run 9.42 at 136.5 MPH..scary thought in a 70 Dart.

Son #3
Ray's truck is ready!.....for him to start working on it..same as last year..no progress.....

Son#4,5 and 6
Nitro Boy Carl's Firebird is nowhere...no fuel pressure, plugged lines, sticky nitrous valves, no job and no money. I fixed him up with some used line and used fittings along with a few new items, he's pulling the tank and I'll clean the solinoids, replace the plastic melted switches and install a relay on the electrical system....we might get him going....he'll be running one of those HUGE "I still owe Don" FBO Systems stickers and be helping Bob wax the Motorhome...LOL

Son #7
I'm going to register Brian as the secondary driver this year and get him some seat time...he's earned it and he did so well last year I may be able to take some time out of the drivers seat and promote a little business.

Son #8
He's back..........
Justin is finally going to get the 66 Charger back on the road...all I have to do is rebuild his 8.75 and change the gear set, got the electrical system fixed already. He'll be racing with us this year in Sportsman, you can ride Co-pilot and teach him the ropes. Last time I tuned that 383 he pulled out of my driveway nailed the throttle and smoked the tranny out of it...boom-snap see you in two years...

Son #9
Steve...newest member of my ever growing family..came complete with a 69 RR and a spare 68 RR...lives about 3 blocks from here....I reduced his cost of finishing the car considerably (at the expense of all profits) but Steve has allot to offer back...nice shop, welder, bead blaster and he's not only a great car builder but a highly skilled carpenter.... with tools!....You'll like him, he's also a member of this board.

I'm going to make up FBO decals according to how much they owe me....

8" your paid up
16" you owe me $100
24" you owe me over $500
Side of car...I own the car....LOL

A wire tap on my phone line would keep you entertained all day....LOL
Old 02-26-2003, 10:44 AM
Banned

What about Son #10 up here in CanuckleHeadLand? Home of the hottest team in the NHL. I'll take one of those 24" ones for a Demon with a manual choke! Dont know where I'd put it....Oh yeah, on my drive shaft. (the decal,not the demon)
Old 02-26-2003, 11:58 AM
Inactive User

And I thought I had problems with people wanting to borrow my tools 2x LOL
Old 02-26-2003, 12:58 PM
Inactive User

Don,

Test results are in. You are my legitimate father. But I ain't no "fortunate son". I'd plaster an FBO sticker on my ride.. if I could get one. You pay shipping and I'll take care of you getting customers out in NJ/NY/Penn. Fair? Its also getting time to start putting in some orders. All set up and everything over there? I find it cool to say that I have personal relations with my "Fuel Management Systems" guy. My machine shop is in Knoxsville so I'm not buddy buddy with my machinist. Atleast I know ONE person who works on my vehicle

-Deac
Old 02-26-2003, 03:27 PM
Inactive User

Don't forget Dave - with the pay-as-you-go HELLFISH! He may be my Son, but he's your kid.

Are you lighting Time Flies at your place?

Talked to Lenny this morning - he plans to have HELLFISH at your place around noon, Friday. If that works, I'll be there, too.

I think you know my opinion of Bob.
Old 02-26-2003, 06:11 PM
Inactive User

Man you got alot of kids!!

Your the Man Don. I mean Dad. These are just some of the many reasons I like to hang out at Don's.
It's never dull.
Old 02-27-2003, 01:02 AM
Inactive User

Geeze, I'm glad my kids are still small.

I can still buy them a whole car for about $3.
Old 02-27-2003, 11:11 AM
Banned

Gawd I forgot Son's #10 and 11...I'm sorry Tim and Holley's boyfreind Jack...(he gets $3 cars too)....LOL

Hell Fish should arrive Friday around 1PM, Son #4,5 and 6 will be assisting in the engine removal Monday, to the machine shop on Weds.

Times Fly's should come to life Saturday morning by 11 AM....we're going to fire it out on a farm in Gresham....Son #3 will assist us.

Deac...are you sure!!!...I was in Knoxville for a week one night back in about 1983...let's just say I did have a good time.....LOL

LC....you can't be related to me...you don't like brown liquor and DIET PEPSI....LOL

Update on #1 Son......Ringggggg..hello
.."Hey Dude...."

"What's up?"

"Dude, I'm going to use hose clamps and braided line to hook up those fuel lines"

"No your not, they'll leak and turn your truck into a road flare, you can't compress a stainless line with a clamp"

"Well Dude what about electrical tape around the hose first?"

"No, bring it over saturday and we'll hook it up right...I have lot's of wax here"

"Wax?"

"Just come over saturday afternoon"....hahahahaaa LOL

I'm going to run off a bunch of decals this weekend...anyone want one email me your snail mail address to

bigdaddy@4secondsflat.com

and I'll send one.

Big Daddy
Old 02-27-2003, 11:15 AM
Inactive User

This is great-a story within a story. Keeps ME going.
Old 02-27-2003, 11:19 AM
Inactive User

Gosh, I just thought I had a lot of"adopted sons" in addition to my son; but you got me beat! I can only count to seven!
Old 02-27-2003, 11:38 AM
Banned

Almost forgot my Moparless, Fird Driving real Son in Denver and 2 Grandsons being brainwashed by their Mother and her Suburban......LOL

You should see our grocery list for race day....LOL..I wonder who'll be cooking this year while Mrs. Cuda is out there beating up all the Chevy's in the Sportsman Class with her 86/360 Dodge D150 Ram Pick-up ...GO Holley!

Wonder if she would change her name to Demon????
Old 02-27-2003, 07:04 PM
Inactive User

Geez Cuda...you are the man....

Ya know I could help promote your stuff out here in the midwest!! I do need a good distributor. Oh by the way I will be the IHRA divisional champ this year so your advertising investment would go along way with all the pictures in Drag Review. Finally taking the pump gas motor outta the car, it was only good for 10.4s in the qtr mile. Going with alky injected roller motor now. Am about to purchase a new MSD distributor unless you can hook me up!!!

My work email is garcekr@dhfs.state.wi.us I am here all night tonight and all day tomorrow....
have a good one folks and this is a very interesting story so far keep it going
Old 05-01-2003, 10:50 PM
Inactive User

well cuda im up for adoption and i need a ton of stuff for my 67 cuda. short list #1 everything
#2 everything else