Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Wheels & Tires Forum...

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 09-10-2000, 12:59 PM
Inactive User

Would anyone have a set of early type mexican hat centres to suit rallye wheels? I am in australia and these are not exactly easy to find here. Thanks in advance to anyone who may be able to help.
Old 09-21-2000, 10:40 PM
Inactive User

raymond, it sounds that your probably looking for used pieces, but just in case you're not aware of it there are companies that have new center pieces for sale. One that comes to mind is Year One. In fact I think Chrysler Corp. still sells them at their dealerships.

Not sure what Australia has in the way of Chrysler dealerships but its worth a try for you. I think you want the 1970-71 version. The new center pieces will come painted the darker color (1971) but if that doesn't suit you and you want the lighter color, the paint (Argent Silver) can also be purchased from the dealership or even Year One.
Old 09-28-2000, 06:01 AM

The Paddock now carries the centers in the correct light argent color for 1970 cars. $199 for a complete set (4).

------------------
M....massively
O....over
P....powered
A....and
R....rare
Old 10-02-2000, 10:12 AM
Inactive User

Thanks for your replies. I was really after used centres, The cost of repro centres is probably not that bad if you live in the U.S. The problem is the Australian $ has just lately fallen through the floor and is currently worth about 54 cents U.S. Added to that our wonderful government here charges import duty and sales tax on anything coming into the country then shipping on top of that and the end result is something costing $100 U.S. ends up costing close to $300 Australian. Thats why I was looking for used budget stuff. Thanks again for your replies. Raymond.