Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Slant Six Chat

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 03-18-2003, 11:25 AM
Inactive User

Help Super 6 conversion-? about linkage

I am in the process of compling the parts I need to do a super six conversion to the 1bbl /6 in my 76 volare.

I have sourced the aircleaner and the intake and am going to get a new carb. These things are easy. I am having more trouble locating the correct linkage.

I know that the linkage needed includes everything from the pedal to the carb and includes a kickdown. I have 2 specific questions:

1. does anyone know where the heck to find this linkage? Leads are appreciated.

2. can I be sure that my tranny has the right vaccume port to hook up the kickdown? The tranny in there is a basic 3 speed auto. I cant imagine that the mopar guys had a separate tranny just for the 2bbl cars. I certainly dont want to change the tranny just for this swap.

Thanks
Charles

70 Road Runner 440 4sp
76 volare /6
Old 03-18-2003, 01:27 PM
Inactive User

The correct linkage is only on the super six setup. Too bad a lot of intakes and carbs are pulled but not the linkage. You can build some with junkyard pieces or just buy the universal cable kickdown linkage from Lokar. All feedback I've seen of the Lokar cable is good although I've never used it.
There is no vaccum port used on the kickdown linkage, that's a GM thing.

Cecil
Old 03-18-2003, 01:34 PM
Inactive User

Does the lokar cable have all the needed brackets etc?
Is it universal or is it for the /6?

Thanks
Charles
Old 03-19-2003, 12:21 PM
Inactive User

It is universal. Again I haven't used one but I wouldn't hesitate to do so. I think one end goes on with no trouble, the other end needs a little something like a hole drilled, bracket bent, whatever it's something minor. I think they do have brackets. Do a search of old posts for Lokar and some better descriptions should come up.

Cecil