Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Performance Talk

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 03-25-2003, 01:52 AM
Inactive User

Question Modern drivetrain in classic mopar

Just out of curiosity I was wondering if I could get some input from guys that have put modern engines like the 5.9 magnum or 4.7 OHC engines in old mopars. What kind of work is needed for these swaps? It all the electrical systems and wiring a big hassle? Alot of custom mounts and brakets needed? Seems to me it would be the best of both worlds, modern fuel efficiency and drivablity combined with the freedom of smog exempt bad ass looking old muscle.
Old 03-25-2003, 11:02 AM
Inactive User

i don't think the wiring etc would be a big hassle under the hood, as long as you had the computer...stuffs is usually already in looms and pretty much labled. i'd get a wire diagram and see what you'd have to do under the dash... easiest thing i can think of is take the fuse box, and EVERYTHING from a donor vehicle in ways of electrical... other than that...good luck!

you do have a point though... fuel injection, good gas mileage, more power, better drivability, easy starts, and NO SMOG....i'd just swap the manifolds and get rid of the smog pump, (i think EGR), and cats...

good luck!