Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Performance Talk

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 03-26-2003, 11:40 PM
Inactive User

Question Hemi in a Hot Rod so many ??

OK for my next project I just purchased a 1927 all Steel Ford T. It now has a 498 Ford in front that will be replaced with the GEORGOUS 528 Indy Hemi Muscle Motors is building for me.

Now to the questions. Does Mother Mopar still make mounts for welding in to hot rod frames. I have been playing with mid 60's cars for a long time and am out of touch.

What about Hot rod Headers. I can not seem to find much for second generation Hemis.

Finally anyone know where I can get some nice looking front axles for this thing. I love the looks of everything but that ugly big black axle hanging out front.

Thanks in advance.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bid on this 2.jpg (19.9 KB, 104 views)
Old 03-27-2003, 10:05 AM
Inactive User

Have you picked up a current issue of "Street Rodder" magazine? They have bunches of suspention stuff.
Old 03-27-2003, 12:09 PM
Inactive User

ok, couple of suggestions:
first, that thing is begging for a chop top and black primer. i mean, its already been chennelled, so whu not go the full monte?
Second: are you sure its a T? it looks more like an A to me.....
third: go to www.hotrodders.com. its a bunch of really cool guys.
4th. youll probably need solid motor mounts for this beheamoth. therefore, find a set of solid mounts from someone, and make the matching pair of brackets on the frame. put some small, washer-like poly bushings between the two mounts for some semblance of vibration dampening.

headers: what youre doing is almost unheard of (NEW HEMI!). most rodders use the much more vintage baby hemi, not the second gen. so there arent hardly any street rod parts for them. therefore, id take a set of make your own header flanges, and build some zoomies. with a hemi that nasty, itll be really wicked sounding. id recommend a piece of pipe, pointing down and a little back, bent where it passes the frame. make about a 130 degree bend (bent a little less than a U).

upgrade the cooling system!!!!!

box the frame.
check all suspension parts thouroly. some street rods are built kind of....scary. i know my T is.
and, for gods sake, find a four speed!!!!

as far as the axle goes, pick up the current issue of street rodder. they always have all sorts of axles in there.

question for you: can i please, please have a ride??????

mike
Old 03-27-2003, 05:28 PM
Inactive User

I agree with dusterbd and would like to add one thing. Get rid of that ugly thing on the wall, doesn't look good at all.
Old 03-27-2003, 07:04 PM
Inactive User

Hey don't shoot me it is not my wall.

Thanks for all the suggestions. When I pull that Ford drivetrain out I plan on doing a few mods to the car.

Have a new wrinkle. The title has it as a 1987 Home 27 T. The year 1987 is biting me because it is not old enough. Anyone have any luck getting something like this re-titled as a 1927??

Boxing the frame is on the list. Picked up a Rod and Custom mag today. Could not find street rodder. Still lots of adds there.

Zoomies are what I had in mind. Guess I will be paying a visit to a local pipe bender.
Old 03-27-2003, 07:31 PM
Inactive User

Well, i dont think you can beat a 650hp Stock 528 Hemi and putting it in a 2000lb+ Hot rod, it would be a neat project.
Old 03-27-2003, 07:51 PM
Inactive User

650? This Muscle Motor will be dyno'd at over 700. I tried to get INSANE for a license plate but someone beat me to it.

Not sure if I will ever put slicks on it. Too worried it might just rip in half.

Take care all
Old 03-27-2003, 07:54 PM
Inactive User

I see you race a Hemi Dart. I always wanted a Hemi Dart or Cuda. Just finishing up this one. It was going to get the Hemi but I decided to leave it with the 440 Indy Head 2x4bbl I started the project with and get the Hot Rod to show case the Hemi.

After all that much engine should be out where everyone can see it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg corner shot lots of tire.jpg (42.9 KB, 41 views)
Old 03-27-2003, 08:38 PM
Inactive User

jim,
wanna sell that cuda?
how bout driving down to charleston to give me a ride? will you be at the rock april 12 with the cuda?
Old 03-27-2003, 09:02 PM
Inactive User

SELL IT!!! I have not finished it yet. You don't want to know how many $$$$$$ I have in that car. It is now in Texas. I have to drive there on the 19th (weekend after the Rock) to pick it up, then come back via Kansas and get the Ford Hot Rod. I call it my mid ameraca car tour.

Needless to say my trailer will be FULL Glad I have that 03 Cummins to pull it all with.
Old 03-27-2003, 09:09 PM
Inactive User

tour past my house then!!!!
Old 03-27-2003, 09:45 PM
Inactive User

SC is a bit out of the way. But if anyone is ever around Durham/Raleigh I will be happy to meet you and we can pick a car or two to cruise in.
Old 03-27-2003, 10:40 PM
Inactive User

deal!
Old 03-28-2003, 12:43 AM
Inactive User

"Hello, American Airlines? Yes, one to NC please."

Damn. I don't know though. A guy driving a Mopar powered ford with the chevy bowtie on his wall. Not many people scare me but someone like that definately puts a question mark in my head Keep of the AWESOME work that many of us only DREAM about.

-Fox Deacon
Old 03-28-2003, 06:41 PM
Inactive User

Actually the bowtie is at the Previous owners shop. Mine is not that big and only has Mopar stuff on the wall.

I am flying to Kansas tomorrow to test drive the car and measurre that butt ugly front end so I can find something more attractive for it.

Still need ideas on how to get this title changed from 1987 Home to 1972 Ford. Any ideas out there????

Quote:
Originally posted by 92whitedak
"Hello, American Airlines? Yes, one to NC please."

Damn. I don't know though. A guy driving a Mopar powered ford with the chevy bowtie on his wall. Not many people scare me but someone like that definately puts a question mark in my head Keep of the AWESOME work that many of us only DREAM about.

-Fox Deacon
Old 03-28-2003, 08:40 PM
Inactive User

try going to the courthouse to change the title.
and how about haveing the front axle chromed?
Old 03-30-2003, 02:01 PM
Inactive User

I have sent an email to DMV waiting to see what they say.

Hey all!! Just got back from Kansas, did not see the wizard though.

The rod is GREAT biggest problem is I am 6 feet tall. and can not see very far out the front window.

I figure I can fab up a seat that has me in more of a recline position and be able to see.

Any suggestions? Just buy a seat from a Junk Yard that reclines???