Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Performance Talk

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 03-28-2003, 10:22 PM
Inactive User

Default Demon Problems - Getting it on!

I just bought a demon from our friend on the board it and fit isn't even close! The coil gets in the way. It not only won't sit flat, but the fuel lines are supposed to go through the coil! What should I do guys? It also doesn't have any provisions for the charcoal canister stuff. I know what you guys are going to say, ditch the canister, but I want it to look stock. Argh...
Old 03-28-2003, 11:21 PM

Maybe this is a stupid question, but why did you buy a performance carb if you aren't willing to move the coil and remove the canister??

The performance carb was NOT designed to be a direct replacement for a stock setup. At least not if you want to maintain everything else as stock.

Either modify the under hood stuff or put a stock style carb back on.
Old 03-28-2003, 11:26 PM
Inactive User

What size and model carb. If you put a stock one back on maybe I'd be interested in the Demon, if it is the right one.
Old 03-28-2003, 11:54 PM
Inactive User

It is the 625 Road Demon. When I ordered I made it clear I was going to keep it stock and this one was still suggested. Looks like I'm going back to the Holley.

AMX, I'll be in Maple Valley tomorrow (going to Black Diamond Auto Wrecking), so if you are interested, get back to me tonight.
Old 03-28-2003, 11:58 PM
Inactive User

Idea

I agree with the above post. If you are building a stock # matching show car, why in the world choose a non stock replacement. Dont go ragging on someone else for a mistake you made, or did you tell the sell you wanted to stay "stock looking" and he sent you that carb?

You want to trade that carb for a stock carb? If you do reply pbutlerinlubb@aol.com we can do business.
Old 03-28-2003, 11:58 PM
Inactive User

I'm looking to get a 650 mechanical secondaries Speed Demon soon. But my car isn't stock anyway.
Old 03-29-2003, 12:05 AM
Inactive User

I'm not trying to build a stock #'s matching car, I just want a car that looks right. I guess I wasn't real clear when I ordered the carb. I mean, the linkage isn't even close, how are you supposed to connect the linkage to the carb? Flame away, I guess I deserve it.

It is a vaccum secondary carb, so I guess you probably don't want it.
Old 03-29-2003, 12:13 AM
Inactive User

Na, I don't flame anyone usually. We all make mistakes. I sure don't know half of everything! I'll wait for the mech. secondaries and 650 min. size.
Old 03-29-2003, 12:17 AM
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally posted by tallzag
I'm not trying to build a stock #'s matching car, I just want a car that looks right. I guess I wasn't real clear when I ordered the carb. I mean, the linkage isn't even close, how are you supposed to connect the linkage to the carb? Flame away, I guess I deserve it.

It is a vaccum secondary carb, so I guess you probably don't want it.
I'm not flaming you dont get you hackels up, you were starting a flame job on someone else that apparently was selling you a peice of performance equ. when you wanted stock ( big diff in communications) do you still want to trade the carb for a stock one?
Old 03-29-2003, 12:21 AM
Inactive User

Was just a little frustrated, not trying to flame anyone. I might be interested, but I'll have to get back to you. I paid way more for this carb than a stock one, so I couldn't do a straight trade.
Old 03-29-2003, 12:24 AM
Inactive User

tallzag ,If You are going to talk abought someone at least call him by his name.I am sure you are refering to Cudda (Don),I also purchased a Road Demon 625 from Don lately,and in his defense I am sure he didnt misslead anyone,missunderstanding maybe,Missleading NEVER.Don is a very inteligent,and one of the friendliest people I have ever talk with .Now tallzag c alm down think abought it ,I know for a fact Cudda sales 1/2 spacers you can stack together to get above the coil and may even improve your performance.Now I have a suggestion,you can remove the fuel supply lines that came with the carb and reverse them where the hookup is coming out the front not the back,Suggestion #2 Watch the tape supplied and you will see ther is 3 different fuel supply lines avalible for the R.D. and one of the supply lines connects in the middle instead of at either end.I am 100% sure Don will see that you are completely satisfied.I personally would refer any one that is looking to by a carb or distributor to talk to Don first or go to his website 4secondsflat.com .
Thanks,77Warlock
Old 03-29-2003, 12:26 AM
Inactive User

Yes, it is Don, I don't know why I didn't mention his name. I'll just stop talking for tonight.
Old 03-29-2003, 12:32 AM
Inactive User

That's ok. Don will be here to help you out sooner or later. He seems to be gone today tho.
Old 03-29-2003, 12:32 AM
Inactive User

No!!! Dont stop talking!! that may be how you ended up in this fix in the first place.There is enough knowledge on this board to get anything done!Just take a long look at the intake and see if you can relocate to a lower spot but still on intake.Just calm down,call or email Cudda,BEG HIS FORGIVENESS,and he will help you get it right.take care
77Warlock
Old 03-29-2003, 12:34 AM
Inactive User

I already e-mailed him and he answered, he is racing this weekend. If mine were running I would be doing the same thing!
Old 03-29-2003, 12:43 AM
Inactive User

Quote:
Yes, it is Don, I don't know why I didn't mention his name. I'll just stop talking for tonight.
I knew who you were talking about, just waited to see if you would fess-up. Why in Gods green earth didnt you call Don first thing when you saw you had a problem instead of comming on this board with your post. I'm sure Don will make it right with you, but allow me two questions , please, how old are you and how long / experience have you had working on cars?

Again dont get mad, I'm not or just ? for my personal edification.
Old 03-29-2003, 12:52 AM
Inactive User

tallzag, I will try to help you out since I just installed one this week.If you can describe to me what your throttel cable looks like on the carb end or email me a pic. I am a machinist and I will make you a attachment pin that slides through the correct hole in the carb linkage,It is very imp.to hook it up in the right hole because I noticed through trial and error that the geometry makes a big difference in the way the linkage on the carb responds to the petal.I will also send you a drawing of a simple sheetmetal bracket the attaches to your factory brackets to raise up the throttel cable so that it is straight inline with the carb lever.It took me abought 1 hour to fab up the stuff(1 pin& 1 bracket) pay very close attention not to have any binding in the linkage.This isnt as hard as it looks .I am hard headed and stubborn and wouldnt call anyone and ask so I just put my head to work and like I said abought a hour later it was on.Email me at thompson238@yahoo.com and I will help as best as I can.
77Warlock
Old 03-29-2003, 12:56 AM
Inactive User

Post Just to add...

The only thing I'll add to this thread is...

I purchased a Speed Demon carb from Don about a month ago and he was very pleasant and patient helping me over the phone during the post-install tune. It installed fine, but I am new at tuning carbs and he was very helpful in this regard, also giving me explanations as to why we were doing something.

I agree with what others have said about Don so far in this thread. Give Don a call, given my experiences with him I'm sure he will be able to help you and work through this problem.
Old 03-29-2003, 01:10 AM
Inactive User

Quote:
Was just a little frustrated
Ya, I know about frustrated. It only took me 3 days to put a new fuel pump on my Ramcharger! I've only had small blocks in Mopars before. It's been since about '79 since I had the timing chain cover off so I thought the pump lever was activated by an eccentric on the end of the cam like a small block. I forgot all about the rod. So it didn't line up and wouldn't work. So I kept thinking the new tank was at fault. Finally got my mirror and saw the rod. Then it went together just fine. And the truck runs again, I can drag the boat to the lake tomorrow and go fishing..Oh Well!
Old 03-29-2003, 01:17 AM
Inactive User

Man, some people on here aren't very nice. I did call Don, he was racing. I was posting on here to get some help. Thanks.

BTW I am 23 and don't have a lot of experience working on cars, which is why I am here, to LEARN about it. I guess the people who don't know how to work on them aren't welcome by some? Man, getting tired of this quickly.
Old 03-29-2003, 01:19 AM
Inactive User

Default Oops

Quote:
I did call Don, he was racing.
Oops, sorry. I did not see that in your thread until now.
Old 03-29-2003, 01:22 AM
Inactive User

is here Did you read my post?I will do what I said and for FREE.just email me the info I need and Ill do it tomorrow and drop in the mail Monday you will have it by the weekend.
Old 03-29-2003, 01:29 AM
Inactive User

Quote:
Man, getting tired of this quickly
Don't get tired of it. As you said you are frustrated. So take a deep breath and then see if you want 77Warlock to help with his offer.
Old 03-29-2003, 12:18 PM
Inactive User

Quote:
Man, some people on here aren't very nice. I did call Don, he was racing. I was posting on here to get some help. Thanks.

BTW I am 23 and don't have a lot of experience working on cars, which is why I am here, to LEARN about it. I guess the people who don't know how to work on them aren't welcome by some? Man, getting tired of this quickly.
I wasnt trying to be mean nor implying you or anyone else is not welcome, every one here will try & help with a problem, but you need to ask a question and not go ballistic. I understand frustration I have been there done that, but a calm mind will work wonders.

Sorry if I offended you
Old 03-29-2003, 04:11 PM

for the linkage, you need the proper Holley adapter.

As for it being on a mostly stock app, I'm sure Don didn't know that you had that canister and that you were wanting to retain it.
Old 04-01-2003, 12:58 PM
Inactive User

Nor did I, who helped steer you in this direction in the first place. Given a chance to sort out where you are and where you'd like to be will make the difference. The two main reasons I linked you to this board in re Demon carbs was: Don was willing to help folks work out the bugs -- and was obviously a smart guy; and the sheer number of others on this board who're willing to do the same (as shown above).

Given a chance I still believe that you'll congratulate yourself for what you stated that you wanted originally: better all around performance. Any adaptations you make for this carb pale in comparison to what I've had to do with mine as you've read. That was difficult by comparison in terms of safety and reliability. Yours wont't be (except the emissions devices). If I am wrong, then you have my apology. I still stand behind the recommendations of carb and shop.
Old 04-02-2003, 05:14 PM
Banned

Thank you all for coming to my defence and saving my reputation here...I really appreciate it!

Actually I probably should have listened to the customer a little closer, sometimes we just get so bogged down that I don't listen as well as I should. It's my fault. I made a mistake...first one ever, I think...no, I thought I made a mistake one time but I was wrong....

I apologized to Tazz and as per our policy, if your not satisfied we will take the product back...NO Restocking charge, NO Frieght EITHER direction No hassels Guaranteed!

A call tag is out for the Carb and we are gladly refunding every dime he paid.

The best thing to come out of this....I finally get a Road Demon for my Pick-up Bye bye Edelbrock!

For sale: 600 CFM Near New (150 miles) Edelbrock Carb...do hear a bid of say $150.00????....somebody???...anybody????

OBO?