Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Performance Talk

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 04-08-2003, 07:06 PM
Inactive User

Help dome lite stays on

got a tough ? for everybody. i just got all my wiring back in my Demonand the dome lite stays on. i pulled door plungers out and unhooked them and they are still on . i need help thanks 47 mopar
Old 04-08-2003, 07:08 PM
Inactive User

Check the screws in the light fixture itself. Maybe one is touching something it isn't suppose to touch and is grounding the light.
Old 04-08-2003, 07:16 PM
Inactive User

probably a bad contact in the headlight switch. unless of course you haven't checked that part just yet. turn a little, dash lights get brighter, turn more, and click... dome light stays on.
Old 04-09-2003, 07:58 PM
This account disabled due to bad email address!

First you need to isolate were the draw is coming from for the power. Simply start taking fuses out one by one untill the lights go out. You have now narrowed the search down by process of elimination. Check to make sure there is no other draws that you cant see too. With everything off simply disconnect the battery terminal either side will do, hook a light tester or volt meter between the terminal you took off and the battery post. There should be no draw at all.
Old 04-10-2003, 12:01 AM
Inactive User

47 Mopar: I'm not sure how your wiring is set up on your Demon, but this is how it is set up in my Cuda. (My guess it is real close if not the same).

A pink hot wire comes off the fuse, feeds the stop light switch, and then goes to the body wire connector (8 pins). From the body wire connector the pink wire continues up to the dome light though its own two pin connector. The pink wire is your hot wire. I do not believe that is your problem.

The other yellow wire on the dome light switch is a continuity wire, which will pass through the 8 pin body wire connector and go to the door switches (which should be wired in parrallel). Whenever this dome light continuity wire (yellow in my car) goes to ground, whether or not it is though the door switch, bad pin connectors going to ground, or frayed wire touching body metal; the dome light will come on. My guess is that is where your problem is. Hope this helps you.