Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Performance Talk

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 04-08-2003, 09:26 PM
Inactive User

Gripe Will it be enough!

Ok i have a 340 cuda , complete professional engine build, Dynoed in at 552 hp and to reinforce the car i added a 8 point roll cage, installed thick bridges inside the frame(big job) installed frame connectors And i honestly think that the car should stay together with this cobination nicelly, but it's been a few people now that tell me i need more!? Now are they just full of it or is this true?This is my first car pushing more then 300 hp and would be great if somebody could shine some light on this matter!!

thanks

Charlie B.

Keep Moparring!
Old 04-08-2003, 10:38 PM
Inactive User

Sounds good to me. Did they tell you what else is needed? If not, then tell them that nothing is. After they hem and haw, ask them what.
Old 04-08-2003, 11:48 PM
Inactive User

Yeah, that sounds pretty good. I think those folks are just jealous! Have fun with it!
Old 04-09-2003, 01:01 AM
Inactive User

Thanks Guy's !

Appreciate the info!

Charlie B.

Keep moparring!
Old 04-09-2003, 12:19 PM
Banned

Overkill....tell those Nova boys to take a close look at the car...it's not a dam Slowmaro...It's a bullet tough Mopar made to run hard and kick their asses...LOL
Old 04-09-2003, 09:43 PM
Inactive User

Laugh

Ya they where all chevy boy's alright hehe dam idiots too much power for the car they said ! Dam chevy boy's, hope there ready for this summer got a big surprisde for them !!hehe

Keep moparing!

Old 04-09-2003, 09:44 PM
Inactive User

You be sure to let us know how it works out!
Old 04-10-2003, 12:10 PM
Banned

Don't even worry about those guy's...remember..."Objects in the mirror are farther away than they appear"
Old 04-10-2003, 02:13 PM
Inactive User

Default Did you remember to....

... anchor your engine down? By that I mean, attaching a chain around the k-frame and bolting it to the engine block. You wouldn't want those 552 hp's to tear your engine mounts off, would you?
Old 04-15-2003, 12:36 AM
Inactive User

Confused ?

Chain the engine down, really even with solid motor mounts was told it would be safe under 600 hp ? do i seriously need to chain down the engine? Hehe 552 hp in a 340 pretty dam crazy hehe they recommended (West carleton automotive) that i keep it under 600hp with my original 340 block, whats thye most hp you guy's ever heard come out of a factory 340 block ? curious to know!

Let me know guy's !

Charlie

Keep moparing!
Old 04-15-2003, 10:47 AM
Inactive User

Hey blown 340, I see you're from Gatineau, so I guess that means I'll be seeing you at luskville, right? What color is your car? do you go to the "show" at Alta Vista and Bank? your car sounds pretty awsome, I would really like to it blow some chebbie and belly bottons (I mean 5.0Ls) away
Old 04-15-2003, 06:57 PM
Inactive User

Default West Carleton Automotive? Good choice...

... I only wish I could afford those guys to build an engine for me! They're about five minutes from my house, which you probably drove right in front of!!! I would've like to see your car drive by.... Too bad.

As for the "chaining down the block", yeah sure, even if you do have good motor mounts, it's worth the extra $10. With that kind of power, it's better to be on the safe side.

The max HP that I've SEEN on a 340 (without nitrous) was about 550. So, almost the same as you. With nitrous, and all tricked out, you can get 1000+ HP's, but, the block won't last 2 minutes.

So, what kind of goodies did W.C.A. put on your block? Is it really blown? Let's hear some details, maybe it'll give me a few ideas...
Old 04-16-2003, 12:27 AM
Inactive User

The green monster!

hehe ya they sure did a sweet job at W.C.A. so much on that engine where to start humm ....ok here we go

-no timing chain, but a single idler gear drive from mopar performance,
-2 holley 750 double pumper , with mechanical secondary's
-offenhauser intake
-dyer's 6-71 blower kit with 8mm drive
-mopar performance 1.5 ratio race roller rockers
-crane hydrolic cam and lifters will have to get back to you with specs don't remember them
-fully ported J heads again will have to get back to you with valve specs don't know them off hand
-arp bolts
-electric water pump ,, csi
-milodon oil pan
-high volume oil pump
-JE blower pistons
-taylor fluo green spiro-pro wires
-hooker supercomp headers(cermacrome coated)
-centerforce dual friction clutch
-tti 3" exhaust with 2 40 series mufler's and ttI 3" cuda stainless tips
-8 3/4 rear end 4.56:1
-msd 6btm ignition with blaster 2 coil
-lakewood blowproof bellhousing
-morosso solid motor mounts
-electric fan
-mopar performance super competition rear leaf's
-polyurethane front suspension bushings
-polyurethane tranny mount
-phantom guages
-8 point roll cage
- rci 5 point harness
-hoosier slicks
-centerline convo pro's
-jaz 18 gallon fuel cell
-holley blue pump
-holley regulator
- fram hpg1 fuel filter
-aero quip aluminum conectors and fuel lines
-mopar performance valve covers
-morisson am battery trunk mount
-stainless steel blake lines
- and i'm sure i'm forgetting some car as been trough a rotisserie resto last year and is almost completed eta is late may of this year . It has many coats of beutifull sassy grass green and clear paint awesome.

dropped ram i'm now living in gatineau but the car is in the shop at my parents place in chapeau quebec where we work on it everyweekend ! I sure will see you at luskville this summer! Due you speak french at all? and maybe will get together in the futur and go check out the alta vista thing you mentioned, it's news to me !

madman you live in dunrobin ! sheesh small world , have several friends that live in dunrobin.

Hey anyone of you guy's know where i could get a 10 3/4" clutch fork for a e-body before the weekend , intalling tranny and misplaced mine, can't find it and would like to avoid the 130$ for a new one from mopar performance, anyway let me know if you do , i will come and pick up!!

well i'll get back to you guy's with more detailed specs on engineand will get you pics if you really interested ,this weekend

Thanks

Charlie B.

Keep a moparing

Old 04-16-2003, 08:43 AM
Inactive User

Default Oh my god!!!

That is one heck of a combo! I'm not even going to try and guess how much that cost you.... But, I am very envious.

Where did you get the bodywork / restoration done? And yes, please send some more pictures....

P.S. If you've been to Dunrobin, I'm the one with the steel garage that has cedar panelling on the front. There's a Plum Crazy Roadrunner parked in front, and a Challenger (being restored) inside.

Let me know when you go to Luskville, I wanna be there.

A bientot,

Madman Stépha
Old 04-16-2003, 10:33 AM
Inactive User

SI tu connait la ville de Rockland, il faut dire qu'il est entirement francais...for those of you how just read that and said Huh, the town I live in is a French one
Anyway, I'll be going to the Alta/Bank thing every Friday after I leave Luskville, so just look for a White, lowered ram racing a 91 S-10 and that'll be me, for sure
Boy I can't wait to see that green beast of yours run, WOW!
Old 04-16-2003, 11:53 PM
Inactive User

The restoration as been done by miself and many friends, couple of my dads buddy's are retired body guy's and did most of the work to the body , but to tell you the truth the car had no rust period and the thing i hated the most about it was that there was a serious layer of undercoating on the car , man what a job to strip it off thank god for the rotisserie! Paint was applied by one of my dad's good friends. I SAVED quit a bit of maney doing it that way and it looks very nice! I wonder what kind of times i'll be getting in luskville with a 4 speed?

Dropedram ya i know rockland, been to rockland wheels several times with buddy's to get parts for there cruch rockets.

madman i will make sure to look for the mopars next time i drive by dunrobin , never know might stop in to check them out if your home!

Ok will be getting you guy's some pics this weekend and i got to get back to work so bye for now.

KEEP A MOPARING

Charlie B.