Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Performance Talk

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 04-21-2003, 09:20 PM
Inactive User

Default Direct Connection Manuals from 1978

Back in 1978, I was heavy into Mopars with an A body Cuda, 2 Chargers RTs, and a GTX. All units were 1968 and/or 1969. At that time, I had bought a whole collection of excellent "papers" from Direction Connection. I probably had about 15 different "papers" (I don't remember what they were really called, maybe Manuals?) One would have been on small block motors, another on Bs/RBs, another on suspension, if memory serves me.

Here is my Q: Are these still available? I can't find mine anymore, and I can't seem to find them for sale on eBay.

Are these REALLY RARE?

Does someone have these that is willing to allow photocopies?

I sold all my Mopars when I left CA back in 82. Probably didn't get but $700 each for the cars listed above. Been driving rice-burners since.

But I now have a 72 Cuda that I am restoring, and sure wish I had those "Tech Bulletins" again.

Tim Eckert
eckertt@epri.com
Old 04-21-2003, 11:21 PM
Inactive User

Tim
I would guess that all the information you are looking for will be in the Mopar engine or chassis manual. I have a few technical bullitens dated from 1966 to 70s about modifying the torqueflite for special applications and they are useless because all the part numbers they call for are not current numbers. The Mopar manuals have some of the same information but a little more updated.
I would think that the old papers would be worth something to collectors. I have a friend who has been in the business for a while and all his old papers are in pretty bad shape.

Billy
Old 04-22-2003, 07:18 PM

I beleive you are talking about the performace clinic manuals.
A lot of this information is covered in the History section of the Hemi Engine manual. Covers Ramchargers,DickLandy,Buddy Martin & Ronney Sox. Those guys : ouch my brain just hurt from the time warp back.
Old 04-22-2003, 10:15 PM
Inactive User

eckertt,

If I remember right, I had some of those on building small blocks from Mopar. You could mail them a request for what ever manuals you wanted. I dont remember having to pay but maybe, I was 16 - 17 in 75 and 76 and had a number of these bulletins or whatever you want to call them. Somehow my brother got a hold of them and to this day denies he took them. I would love to see that stuff again someday. Think I'll go through my bro's garage one day while he's at work! LOL. That and I think I'll take back my Chiltons too! jk
Good Luck.

Old 04-23-2003, 05:55 PM

The Direct Connection Racing Manual or "Blue Book" of the seventies was a compilation of about 30 bulletins dealing with all aspects of performance mods. Mine dates from '78 and is P/N P4007933.
In later years the single manual was broken down into individual engine manuals that are still available through MP but the combined manuals no longer exist.
I would never sell mine but I wonder if it is that rare.