Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > General Chat > Street Warrior Forum - great street race stories.....

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 04-26-2003, 07:08 PM

Default Run in w/Suzuki 600 motorcycle

Today I was driving down the street and a cafe style bike was tailgating me, when I turned the corner at a light he went in the left lane and tried to slingshot past me. I heard him hit the throttle of the bike and he had a head of steam when he was at the left corner of the car, thats when I gave full gas. Everytime my tranny shifted I pulled him and left him at least two lengths behind. Things were happening pretty fast, and when I heard him get out of the throttle I let off too. He came by and gave me the thumbs up, which was pretty cool of him. We stopped at the next light and I thought the Suzuki had an 800 emblem on the tank but I don't think Suzuki has an 800, so I believe it was a 600.

Anyone have any idea what 1/4 mile times the Suzuki can make? As near as I can figure, the bike w/600 should be in the middle 12's.

I'm still working on getting the thermoquad tuned and don't have the kickdown linkage adjusted correctly, or the race would have been a little worse for the bike.