Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Performance Talk

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 04-29-2003, 01:42 PM
Inactive User

Question Lokar vs. Bouchillon (+ bracket choices)

I've gotten alot of useful information from this forum about kickdown cables. But I'm still not sure which way to go. I have a 67 Barracuda with a 318 and a 904 tranny. I recently swapped my 2bbl for a 4bbl Holley with a M1 dual-plane manifold and a 1" spacer.

To get the kickdown working properly, I want to switch over to a cable set-up. I'm debating between the Lokar and the Bouchillon set-ups. Some people seem to prefer the Bouchillon kit for its completeness and ease of use. What are some opinions on this?

If I go with Lokar, I'm not sure whether to use their $12 bracket that comes off the corner of the carb or go with something a little better that bolts to the manifold. If I choose the Lokar set-up, I'm thinking about using the bracket from AR Engineering....does anyone know if it will be too tall for my set-up?

If I go with the Bouchillon set-up, what are some opinions about their bracket?

Will I also need to get a new throttle cable and if so should I use the Lokar throttle cable or a Chrysler cable? My stock cable seems to be working fine at the moment, I just had to modify the stock bracket a little to get it in the right place.

Thanks!
Old 04-29-2003, 06:32 PM

I have had both. I now use the Lokar!! Half the the price , 5 times as pretty and REAL easy to adjust. Use the AR Enginnering bracket.
Old 04-29-2003, 06:55 PM
Inactive User

Thanks! It's good to hear from someone that's used both types of cables.

If anyone's used the AR Engineering bracket on a M1 dual-plane, please let me know. I'm just curious what kind of fit you get. Andy at AR Engineering sent me an e-mail saying that they were designed with the taller single-plane in mind, but that people have used it on the dual-plane. I'm using a 1" spacer, so that would probably give a better fit.
Old 04-29-2003, 11:57 PM
Inactive User

hey
sorry only have experience w/ the lokar, but it works great. the lokar bracket seems plenty strong. With the throttle cable it really cleaned up the engine. just my 2 cents
Old 05-01-2003, 01:47 AM
Inactive User

You didn't tell me you were using a 1 inch spacer! Our bracket will fit just fine since you have the spacer on there.

Our brackets are designed to work with a manifold that is 1 to 3 inches taller than stock.
Old 05-01-2003, 11:45 AM
Inactive User

Thanks Andy!

I ordered the AR Engineering bracket with a Lokar cable yesterday from http://www.magnumhp.com

$109 for the whole set-up.....pretty good price.
Old 05-04-2003, 01:04 AM
Inactive User

That is a good price. Most places charge about $125 for the bracket plus the cable. GregZ at MagnumHP must be blowing them out! Good luck with your project.
Old 05-21-2003, 08:25 PM
Inactive User

Hey, so I installed the cable and bracket last week. Works like a charm. The drawings on the Lokar instructions are kind of funny looking, like a 2nd grader drew them, but it was really easy to do anyway.

The bracket from AR Engineering worked great, and it's sooo pretty too. Thanks AndyF!