Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > General Chat > Rumors and Gossip, etc...

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 01-29-2000, 12:00 AM
Moparchat Barracuda Owner

Something I just read and thought about. We as mopar fans are constantly buying parts and supplys for our Mopars. Now Shovy and Phorrrrd guys get thier parts cheaper because all the parts stores can afford to buy more of those parts in volume. Why not us Mopar Faithfull create our own group buys. I am in a group that is building an electronic engine controller from scratch and we are saving hundreds on parts because we are buying 400 or more at a time. Well to my idea why not create a section where we could post parts that we want to buy but are way to expensive and see if we can get others that also want to buy the same parts to post and create a group buy to buy all the parts together. Of course realizing that one person preferably the person who originates the request would have to go to Vendors and request a quote for so many of that part and each Member would have to make sure that they follow through but it would definitely give all of us a break on our much needed parts like Roller Rockers. How come Rollers for MOPARs are $300 - $500 and brand-x are under $200. They make more have a higher buying quantity.

Anyways my two cents if its worth it.
Christian J. Knudstrup

------------------
68 'Cuda 383
Working on adding EFI
Old 01-29-2000, 12:37 AM
Inactive User

Good idea, most of the larger Mustang sites do this and come up with some pretty good deals. I am more interested in your EEC however, how about some details and estimates of when available and price?

Thanks

------------------
"...they don't make no seatbelt for the mind, so I can't buckle up for this ride."

Mr Belvedere (aka Jason)

Current driver: 1966 Plymouth Belvedere II, 400BB (Torker 383; Purple Shaft 6pak cam; Carter Competition AFB; Hedman headers; 2 1/2" full exhaust with Flowmasters; "Chrome" ECU; recurved distributor; 8.2:1 smogger heads) and 727 Torqueflite (2400 Stall; Transgo shift kit)
To be installed this weekend: Moroso 8qt pan and pickup; Melling HV oil pump; heat riser block off; plastic 1" carb spacer; Jacob's ProStreet Ultra Energy team.
Best run 14.40 by previous owner (track opens in MARCH!)

[This message has been edited by Mr Belvedere (edited January 28, 2000).]
Old 01-31-2000, 06:27 PM
Moparchat Barracuda Owner

Cool

This is the website for the Fuel and Engine Management controller with the group that I am working on. It is still in testing stages but has everything needed to run but it does take learning quite a bit. It is completely fabricated down to the program and board design nothing except for the sensors comes from a specific application.
http://www.diy-efi.org/efi332/

Christian

------------------
68 'Cuda 383
Working on adding EFI

[This message has been edited by ChristianCuda (edited February 01, 2000).]
Old 03-07-2000, 08:53 AM
Inactive User

This is a great idea! It's time for all mopar owners to unite! I am so sick of paying way more for parts and not being able to even get certain parts for my Dakota.

Regards,

Tom Carey
Old 03-07-2000, 07:14 PM
Inactive User

Christian:

Looked at the DYI site! Very cool project. I don't know if I wish I new more about computer design and programming or not, as it looks like it would be really fun, but my projects already eat up too much time. Keep us posted on the results.
Old 03-14-2000, 08:43 PM
Inactive User

very interested in the group buying. maybe it would convince the manufacturers to produce certain things, like, 66-67 Chargers door panels, supercharger/blower/nitrous set up for sixpak/six barrel
Old 04-26-2000, 03:15 AM
Inactive User

Thumbs up

Count me in on that group buying idea.
Quote:
Originally posted by mauve66:
very interested in the group buying. maybe it would convince the manufacturers to produce certain things, like, 66-67 Chargers door panels, supercharger/blower/nitrous set up for sixpak/six barrel
Old 04-26-2000, 05:43 AM
MoparChat Support Staff

Arrow

For the ultimate group buy power, go to the link below and sign up. We are going to put a group buy site together and everyone will be notified. We have over 10,000 people registered!
http://www.mopar.net/groupbuy

Your name WILL NOT be sold or spammed, just part of the parts database.

Thanks,
MoparChat.com Staff