Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > General Chat > Street Warrior Forum - great street race stories.....

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 05-10-2003, 03:04 AM
Inactive User

Default Spanked a blown AMX

Was out last night coming home from a friend's house on a straight stretch of road and was just cruising along at a leisurely rate. we had just mounted my new set of slicks on the satellite, and what i had seen so far they were grabbing quite well.

i pass a white amx with a big blower stickin through the hood, and he stops, turns around, and comes after me. i let him catch me, and i asked him what he's got
so its a blown 390. and it sounds pretty awesome.

from about 5 mph on we both got on it. his car sounded quite awesome spinning the tires as i passed him at a steady rate. by the top of 2nd his headlights were right behind me door, and he was slowly catching me, but my better launch was enough to keep me in front of him until well into third gear, when i let off.

he followed me for a little while and got beside me again, i asked him about the car.

he said his car had run high 10's at the track, but i also noticed that he was running about 8 inch wide street tires, probably not the best for traction in that combination. we tried again from 60 mph on, and i thought the big 440 held in pretty good against someone with an unfair advantage (blower) 60-80 mph we were almost even, and he began to pass me after about 6000 rpm
Old 05-16-2003, 11:23 PM
Inactive User

Cool

Pretty cool deal! Dont see much AMC around at all. They always were something worth watching out for since you never knew if the driver was a gearhead that knew his stuff.

Bet that blower sounded awesome

-Ken