Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > General Chat > Rumors and Gossip, etc...

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 06-20-2000, 07:18 PM
Moderator and HEMI FIEND

I just went to the DaimlerChrysler.com page and among the things that struck me was the fact that 65% or the current share holders are european. 26% are from the US. HMMMM
It is the Stock Holders that wield the real power in a company, the executives are just there to make the share holders happy. If the shareholders arnt happy the Execs get canned...
If enough of us bought instead of talked maybe we would have a larger voice.
in other words put your money where your mouth is...
Old 06-20-2000, 09:32 PM
Inactive User

I would love to help bring Chrysler back home. I don't like the fact that the germans have control of the company. They are slowly going to dismantal Chrysler. I think Chrysler was doing fine on it's own. Eaton and his friends sold the company out for their own personal gain.
Old 06-20-2000, 11:59 PM
Moderator and HEMI FIEND

I would like to state that I think the merger was a good move. A needed move. If it wasnt so then GM wouldnt own part of Fiat/Nissan(I think thats the one)and Suzuki. Ford has also done the same by owning Jaguar, and another japaneese car company. and besides most that has changed so far was planned well before the merger(Like the elimination of Plymouth).
On the plus side of the merger, after it(the merger, Chrysler has spent MUCHO money on aftermarket performance and more attention has been paid to the enthusiast and products that enhance enthusiasm. While it could be said that the ball was already rolling on these before the merger. Let me remind you that they continue to grow and continue to be fed...NHRA/Nascar/Sueprcharged neon/rwd 300m and Intrepids. 354 Hemi etcetc.
Remember the mid 70's to the mid 90's?????? all we got was 4 bangers and a vper!!!Even the thought of a Rear Drive musclecar is LIGHTYEARS ahead of anything chysler has done for us before the merger. And I doubt if they are going to "Dismantle" Chrysler. it makes more money than any other much less all the other divisions of DC COMBINED.. If its making money like that they wont get rid of it.
The Down side is Daimler could end up focusing less attention to the cars we love (Viper/Prowler/Trucks/Future muscle/racing endevours) than a company wholy owned by "Chrysler" itself. That is my worry
Old 06-21-2000, 08:50 AM
Inactive User

I don't quite understand your proposal-in reference to disproportional ownership between EURO and US of DaimlerChrysler stock. Are you asking us to buy more product or to invest in stock-market?

------------------

Old 06-21-2000, 02:18 PM
Moparchat Barracuda Owner

I think we all need to buy stock in Chrysler and keep buying the vehicles when they produce what we want. And dont sell the stock just to make a profit. Keep it through it all. The more stock us performance enthusiasts hold the more the will listen to building us a rear wheel drive Muscle car. I want a 2002 Barracuda w/353 Hemi 5 or 6 speed OD trans and 3.91 gears. Even if it has to be a Dodge Barracuda. Sorry people I never liked the challenger name or styling cues. But this is my personnal preference.

Christian

------------------
68 'Cuda 383 Formula S recreation
Working on adding EFI
69 'Cuda Race Parts Car
76 Duster 273 recent transplant
95 Neon 2.0 SOHC best of 16.96
84 Dodge Ram D50 transplanting 360
Old 06-21-2000, 03:04 PM
Moderator and HEMI FIEND

Thumbs down

Stock..stock owners are the real power, buy stock if you care about Mopar
Old 06-22-2000, 05:16 AM
Inactive User

Thumbs up

I remember thinking about buying Chrysler stock back in 1979 or 1980 when they were having their financial troubles. I didn't though. STUPID, STUPID, STUPID. The stock was going for about $3 a share and within a couple of years it was up to $60 per share. I could have been rich! I think buying DC stock is a good idea. DC is producing the best vehicles in the world and I think that the future for DC has never looked better! The more I read about upcoming products and ventures by the new DC, the more I believe in their future. The new Hemi engine, rear and all wheel drive cars, Winston Cup racing, Heavy-Duty and Medium trucks coming back, the Charger, etc., etc. It all spells success.
Old 06-22-2000, 08:47 AM
Inactive User

Maxwedge-On your advice I just visited DaimlerChrsler.Com(for the first time)It IS impressive! The merger of the two distinct entities, history of each company and the emphasis on DaimlerChrysler as a GLOBLE company was both awesome and a little, well... strange! It's gonna take some getting use to! But some of my fears were allayed when viewing the Products site. As impressive as Daimler-Benz was(is) Chrysler is definitly her crowning Jewel! Hey, and the official language of the company is English! Concerning buying stock in DC-I dont have much left over after "building" my Challenger(Sorry ChrisCuda)but I'll see if I can divert some of my 401K into DC stock.

------------------

Old 06-23-2000, 03:54 AM
Inactive User

July issue of Automobile magazine has a map of who owns who, page 76.
Old 06-26-2000, 05:52 PM
Inactive User

I may have just stumbled across the reason the Ford guys are so jealous of us Mopar guys lately. I just completed reading an in-depth article about the merger of Daimler and Chrysler and it said that Daimler was in merger talks with Ford also at the same time that they were with Chrysler. Finally, the top Daimler guys brainstormed and realized that Chrysler would make the better partner. When Daimler notified the Ford CEO that they were going with Chrysler instead, its reported that the Ford people were FURIOUS!
Old 06-27-2000, 04:49 PM
Inactive User

By the way, the best explanation of the Daimler-Chrysler merger can be found at the Daimler-Chrysler web site. Just click on "Special Reports;" then on the "Birth of a Global Company" icon. Since I've been a Mopar fan most of my life, I was very interested in the merger and have read most everything that I could get my hands on about it. The afore-mentioned article is the most straight-forward and honest sounding one that I've seen. It tells it like it is without the "dramatic slant" that most automotive publicactions and writers like to put on things. All things considered, I think you'll agree that the merger was something that Chrysler needed to do and in the end, I believe it will prove to be a good move. We can now rest assured that Ma Mopar will be around from now on. By the way, I just read that DC bought 10% of Hyundai; another smart move, I believe. The Koreans are in the same position, Automotively speaking, that the Japanese were about 25 years ago. DC needs to get in on the ground floor of this emergence. Face it guys; ALL large corporations either are global or they want to be global. Chrysler was the third largest auto company in the States. Now DaimlerChrysler is the third largest in the World!