Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Performance Talk

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 05-21-2003, 12:01 PM
Banned

Default Cometic Catalog...finally!

I know it's been 3 months but here it is...

http://www.4secondsflat.com/cometic.html

Quote from Ray Evernham Shop, Tom Francis..."We use Cometic Exclusively, they are the best head gasket available in todays market"...

"Steel to steel or Aluminum to steel there's nothing better"

"They have the best response time in the industry"

Good enough for Ray, it's good enough for me.....
Old 05-21-2003, 01:27 PM
Inactive User

Default materials

In the material column - what is KF & AM short form for?
EVERHAM EH? good for you - going to Michigan on June 15th to see them WIN!
Old 05-22-2003, 03:00 AM
Banned

Sorry..
The AM is the Armor clad material...basically a high density heat resistant material with a waffle like aluminum layer on both sides for header gaskets..tough as nails, cured my header leaks for good, they run about $21 a set for SB and $23 a set for the BB. Easy to grind out to fit perfect with a die grinder or Dremel tool.

KF....Arimid fiber, used for intake gaskets, fuel pump, oil pan and carb gaskets in various thickness...very similar to Kevlar but Kevlar is a trade mark and we can't say Kevlar...did I say Kevlar...I meant to say Arimid Fiber......It won't creep with heat, impervious to oil and fuel...won't stick and tear and is a re-usable gasket in many applications if tork specs are not exceeded.

We have even improved on the BG metering block gaskets by opening up the jet feed holes and re-designing their size and shape, which reduced the cavitation and restriction on the higher flowing carbs.

We had them made in the .188 high density material....awesome looking deal...moves the bowls way out and we were able to reduce the jet size by 2 points and maintain the same air/fuel ratio under full load....just one simple thing that adds to the efficiency of the fuel system....do they stick? ...absolutely not, probably last 10 years.
Are they expensive? Yes you'll have to invest $6.00....or you can buy 10 of the regular BG non-stick gaskets at $2.00 each...where's my calculator?

Just one more advantage we have over the other guys ..better product for less money...and only you, me and the red dog Duke know this secret and he's not talking......

Yes, they will fit Holley's also.....

I should add here ..there are only 6 in the world right now...I know the guy who has them ...I ordered another 60 pieces and they should be available in about a week or so.

I also ordered some in the .094 thickness....about $5.00 a piece...just don't be blabbing to the Chevy guys...let them figure it out on their own.