Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > General Chat > Rumors and Gossip, etc...

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 03-17-2000, 07:10 AM

Question

I wonder why Galen Govier doesn't answer me. I have sent an order for a new fender tag for months now but still no answer. He's not dead or something..?

I have sent snail-mails and e-mails but no answer since a very long time ago, and still no answer.
Old 03-17-2000, 02:25 PM

Biggrin

Okey, it seems like I am not the only one having problem regarding him. It should be in his interest when this actually pays his salary.

------------------
Old 03-18-2000, 01:05 AM
Moderate anarchist

GG is a self proclaimed expert and enough gullible people have fallen for it. There are a number of people who can do what GG does but they do it for free. I mslef have picked up one or two things, enough to know I don't come close to these guys and enough to know GG is not the expert he'd like y'all to believe.

Steve
Old 03-18-2000, 01:20 AM
CrAzYMoPaRGuY !!

Thunderstruck - I couldn't agree with you more! I'm of the opinion that GG wants MoPar guys' money and that's it. He's not out to HELP the MoPar cause.
Old 03-18-2000, 05:57 AM

Question

Okey, who else can I turn to instead of G.G.?
I am restoring my car and is in a need of a new fender tag. The old one got lost during a resto at the beginning of the 80s and was never found again. I am lucky to find the original paperwork that help me out with the codes and in return to order a new fender tag for my ride.

Please help me.

------------------
If there are no Mopars in my next life, I will not be born again.
Old 03-18-2000, 06:01 AM

Lightbulb

To correct any misunderstanding - I bought the car 1998 in a box actually and has put a lot of work on it to make it run to start with. My next step is the paint.
The one that lost the fender tag is a previous owner (the fourth owner on the Charger).
Old 03-25-2000, 08:33 PM
CrAzYMoPaRGuY !!

The Moparts board posts this source:
Backeast, P.O. Box 581 Plainville CT 06062
Website www.datatags.com
E-mail dataplt@snet.net
It had a response from a happy customer who got his tag in a week, I think. The thread is in the "parts feedback" section. Hope this helps you and others.
Competition among companies will straighten the poor business practices out.
Old 03-26-2000, 07:28 AM

Biggrin

Thank you, thank you, thank you Marc!
I have sent an e-mail to them right now and hopefully they can help me out.

------------------
If there are no Mopars in my next life, I will not be born again.
Old 03-27-2000, 05:28 AM
CrAzYMoPaRGuY !!

Thumbs up

You're MORE than welcome!!!!

------------------
Tubbed 40 Plymouth Coupe
Tubbed 71 Demon
1989 Shelby Lancer
1978 BB ClubCab
1973 Scamper 440 MHome
Old 04-01-2000, 01:58 AM
Inactive User

Biggrin

Ya I too have had bad luck with G.G. or GTS replying to email. There is a place called trimtags.com. I bought a VIN tag through them about 8 months ago. The gentleman guarantees it to pass as factory. Chrysler also has a historical society but it only goes to 1967.

I just checked the website and it costs $150 for a trim tag.

[This message has been edited by Harley1 (edited March 31, 2000).]
Old 04-01-2000, 10:50 AM
Inactive User

Harley, did you buy a VIN tag or a fender tag? It is illegal to manufacture VIN tags, and law enforcement can seize a vehicle if it is found to have a VIN tag not put there by the manufacturer. Believe me, an auto theft cop can tell the difference between a manufacturer's VIN tag and one made by someone else (but I won't say how, it's a trade secret). If you have a counterfeit VIN tag on your car, you are runing the risk of losing your car!

------------------
1970 392 Hemi Cuda
Old 04-06-2000, 06:11 PM
Inactive User

Thumbs down

While on the subject of pointing out fallacies about GG, I actually talked to the guy at Chryslers@Carlisle in July of 1998 and looked at one of his little booklets. He had Aspen/Volare listed under M-bodies all the way up to 1989 or something like that!! "The noive of dis character"
Old 04-07-2000, 03:43 AM
Inactive User

Red face

Larry S, Ya I bought a VIN tag for my car. I have a clear title and all the numbers match right down to the frame!The man I bought the car from said he fired an employee and the employee removed the VIN and the Trim Tag as payback. However, my car is also 32 years old too. I don't know if that makes a difference but the car is totally legit! By the way how can you tell the difference?
Old 04-07-2000, 05:26 AM

As long as you have proper documention(to include an inspection certificate from your state police department) for the non factory VIN tag, it is legal in every state.

Old 04-28-2000, 04:06 AM
Inactive User

Cool

HELLO,HERE IS MY 2 CENTS.THIS GUY SEEMS STUCK ON HIMSELF.IHAVE READ HIS POSTS IN THE MAGS AND CANT STAND HIS ATTITUDE.THIS IS MY HOBBY AND I DONT NEED HIM IN IT.AS FOR THE MONEY HE IS NOT SHY IN TELLING YOU HOW MUCH HIS TIME IS WORTH.WELL MINE IS WORTH MORE THAN HIS SO ILL KEEP MY MONEY.BOY I FEEL BETTER NOW . IAM GLAD OTHERS FEEL THE SAME WAY .

[This message has been edited by SPEEDY426H (edited April 28, 2000).]
Old 05-21-2000, 04:27 PM
Inactive User

Just had a vin tag replaced on a car that needed a new dash. Local Daimler/Chrysler rep and DOT agent watched us rivet the plate they gave us on. This is Minnesota.
Old 06-17-2000, 02:06 PM
Inactive User

here is what i think on Galen Govier, somehow through the years he became a self declared expert on mopars, then all of a sudden people started listening to him and now the mag's and stuff even buy into it. now actually when i read his stuff in mag's and stuff it actually seems he doesn't know what he is talking about half the time,
the guy is a fag. i can't stand him and i hope he reads this post. because the guy needs to get a life and a clue.
Old 07-29-2000, 04:20 AM

Check out the latest edition of High Performance MOPAR. Galen takes over half a page to make excuses as to why he has such poor service. He even mentions that he is being bashed by a web site.

Note how he doesn't have the balls to post his excuses on the web site. He posts his excuses in the magazine, becuase he can get paid for his excuses.

I honestly feel that this man is a discredit to the hobby.

------------------
Ed - MoPower

'96 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT CC 360 4X4
'68 Charger 383-4
Old 07-29-2000, 09:25 AM
Inactive User

I wrote GG when I first got my 72 Challenger about two years ago. I did some research on my own(mind you this is my first time owning a "classic" car of any sort) using VIN# and it said it came with 340. The car as I bought it had a 440 along with the 440 Magnum emblem on the 'power bulge' hood. So I just wanted to know the year and type of '440' I had. After about 6 or 8 weeks I got a reply. Very short--- and he told me to look on the pad by the valley cover, etc. Well, ofcourse, if I could have seen the stamping I could have found out for my self! My car had been modified from stock and therefor I dont think GG, as a vintage 'purist' much cared about it. At least, that's my impression of him. I dont think he's a bad man--just maybe a liitle eccentric.

------------------

Old 07-30-2000, 10:14 PM
Inactive User

Angry

here here i am totally agree, like i said i think his ship sails both ways. he was one of the dorks that sat in his moms chevy wagon or something and watched everybody else out racing or something. he jut rubs me the wrong way. my dad who grew up in that time frame hates him too.

Quote:
Originally posted by ehostler:
Check out the latest edition of High Performance MOPAR. Galen takes over half a page to make excuses as to why he has such poor service. He even mentions that he is being bashed by a web site.

Note how he doesn't have the balls to post his excuses on the web site. He posts his excuses in the magazine, becuase he can get paid for his excuses.

I honestly feel that this man is a discredit to the hobby.

Old 08-12-2000, 04:21 AM
Inactive User

its sad that you bag on a guy you hardly know,I have met Galen on several occasions,he was very credible,he even took time to look at my 67 440 powered coronet(originally a 318 car)he pointed out some very interesting facts concerning these cars and didnt care if it wasnt original,he appreciates all mopars modified or not.He is a personal friend of my brothers,they stay in close touch,he even stays at his house when in town,he is one of the most knowledgeable people by far in the hobby as is my brother,when it comes to laying out big bucks for a supposed original car HE IS THE MAN,my bro has owned over 2 million dollars worth of mopars and has worked closely with Galen numerous times and has the highest regard and respect for him,believe me when $100,000 changes hands for a car its easy to get burned,ticked etc this has never happened with their dealings..You and me have other issues though,I see your point,most of us have 10-15 thousand dollar cars,as in any buisness you go where the money is right?its not at our level unfortunately,and keep in mind he works alone for the most part.Backstabbing someone you dont know is wrong,and nobodys perfect............whatever............PRO..

[This message has been edited by PRO (edited August 11, 2000).]
Old 08-17-2000, 08:29 PM
Inactive User

About five years ago I had Galen do a few things for me through the mail (snail), and have to say that everything turned out satisfactory. Not sticking up for the guy, just adding my 2cents worth. Its nice to know though, that there are other people out there that provide the same type of service.
Old 08-25-2000, 12:41 AM
Inactive User

Cool

Lay off the Wizard of Dodge guys. This company is hard enough to figure out, we can use all the info we can get. Even if we need to filter through it.

------------------
If it ain't a Dodge, it's a dog!

Brian Mills
Old 08-25-2000, 01:32 AM
Moderate anarchist

That's the self proclaimed Wizard. His attitude sucks and I have no problem telling anyone they are an idiot.

Steve
Old 08-26-2000, 09:47 AM
Inactive User

PRO- It is not my desire to cast aspersions on Galen's character. As you say, I dont know him and have never talked with him personally. He just seems like a man on a mission..and for that(for whatever reason) people seem to take umbridge with him. We must not kill the messenger

------------------
Galen has often said in his columns that he dosn't know everything and wants imput from anyone who has something to offer. Also, I think it's only logical that he would focus on the rareist of Mopars. It could be something as trivial as his unusual name. I'm not sure even how you pronounce it!

[This message has been edited by montrose ram (edited August 26, 2000).]
Old 08-27-2000, 04:52 AM

I agree that the man has alot of bussiness and that he is doing it all by himself. Now lets look at the realities. With the amount of bussiness that he has for VIN tags, fender tag decoding, etc.(in house work) and the amount of work that he has doing appraisels and going to car shows, he should really get some people into his office that can do day to day operations.

He wouldn't have earned such a bad name among many of us, if he could turn around the "simple" paperwork in a timely manner(not 6 months, not a year). When people have sent him all of the required information and paperwork and then 6 months later send him snail mail and emails, wanting to know the status of the order, he should at least reply to them.

I have to agree that he is the best at what he does. It would just be nice if he had better in office service.

------------------
Ed - MoPower

'96 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT CC 360 4X4
'68 Charger 383-4
'69 Coronet 500 Convertible 440-4