Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Performance Talk

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 05-23-2003, 05:57 PM
Inactive User

Default I need some help

ok, heres the deal, i have a 72 duster, with a 440, 727, i started the car when i was 16 and i am now almost 20, and the car is not completly finished, i drove it for a couple months but thats it. i got mixed up in the rice scene and decieded that its time to go back to HP,

1)my first problem is i need a good throttle cable and bracket.
2)i when i did the swap, it was a 6cyl, and i didnt get a dip stick for the 727, i just used the old one, well it leaks, and i need to know were i can get a 727 one.
3) i just put in the msd 6al box, msd coil, and billet dist, the spark is amazing, but i remember someone saying about changing the springs in the dist, how do i determine if i need to do this
4)any last min tunning sugestions to make sure its ready to race

i plan on finishing the car for next weekends mopar nationals, i just put in 4.11's and i have no idea what the car will run, thanks in advance for the help
joe
Old 05-23-2003, 06:13 PM
Banned

Mancini sells a 727 stick with a locking top real cheap and might have the stock one too. Throttle cable can be had at the local parts house. Could get both at a salvage yard too.
Old 05-23-2003, 06:17 PM
Inactive User

1.The Throttle Cable/Bracket/Throttle Linkage is available through Newcomb's Hemisperical Products in California, (909) 929-9767. They have everything you need to make your throttle and linkage correct for you 440/727.
2. Dipstick tube for the tranny is avalable through Mancini Racing (800) 843-2821
Old 05-23-2003, 06:21 PM
Inactive User

ok, i was looking at the lokar cable and braket, the prices arent bad, and i already have the lokar kickdown, any comments on those. i will call mancini for the tube, is it cheaper than the lokar flex one that cost 60.00,
Old 05-23-2003, 06:35 PM
Inactive User

Joe

Suggest you stick with the mopar cable/bracket/throttle linkage. My experience with the Locklear or anything else has been very tricky to adjust to make the trans shift properly. The key to shiffting properly is in the geometry of the linkage in relation to the throttle pressure valve. A few extra bucks here for the correct stuff will pay off in the long run.
Old 05-23-2003, 06:53 PM
Inactive User

i dont have any of the stock cables, kick down, brackets
Old 05-23-2003, 06:59 PM
Banned

The lokar kick downs are great and easy to adjust. The throttle cables can be picked up locally at least around here they can. Lots of people on here use the lokar kickdown and love it. Do a search on here and you'll see. Real easy set up.
Old 05-23-2003, 07:04 PM
Inactive User

Well I will give you a e.t. Guess...

if you have slicks...... 11.8s I think your cam could be a problem and maybe the convertor a little tight. But may be more streetable this way.

Changing the springs in the distributor will help marginally. I actually run my dist locked out full advance. I just set the timing at 36 r 38 where ever I want it but again makes rough if its more street car.
Old 05-23-2003, 07:39 PM
Inactive User

Joe

All the stock stuff is available from Newcomb's. Just tell Phil what you have and he will put together everything you will need.The phone number is in my first reply to you.
Old 05-23-2003, 07:42 PM
Inactive User

i should have clarrified that the car is not a street car, i want to get good et's, i realize that its gonna take a while to get it dialed in, but any suggestions on weight reduction...ect... someone mentioned about having the dist locked out? i have no idea what that is,
thanks, joe
Old 05-23-2003, 07:57 PM
Banned

Weight reduction, huh. How bout a one pice front end like I have on my car. They also make seperate fenders and doors deck lids and bumpers. They make everything fiber for these cars except the roof and quarters. You can really get the weight down that way.

I sell tube A arms and rear dis kits that will lower the weight some. Plus the rear disc will stop you a lot faster too. I can set you up with fuel cells and roll bars, ladder bar rear coil overs etc. etc.. i can help you get the weight off of it. Let me know if interested.