Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Performance Talk

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 05-24-2003, 10:41 AM
Inactive User

Default max wheelwell width possible in tubbing 67 satellite?

Hi I going to be using super wide rims[10 inch wide with 6 inch being positive offset ] on a car cursed with the smallest wheelwells. I want to keep the leaf springs,but move them using Mopar spring relocation kit.I am willing to mini tubb it and shorten my 8 3/4 but don't want to change frame or trunk area too much[especially spare tire area,no prostreet frame kits].What's the most I would get doing this? Are there tricks here?Such as widening wheel wells[front to rear of car] or slightly modifing frame etc.Also when you mini tubb how is the tubb fastened to qtr. sheetmetal?Welding would warp but glue would leak. thanks Tim
Old 05-24-2003, 05:35 PM
Inactive User

how much room does more the spring relocate give ya 6"thats all youll get . when you cut the tub in half square off the back side so you just slid the inside edge straight back then make up the diff over the center . i found out that to do that on my dart that i allso had to move the axle ass back 2" cause the tires wound rubb the frt of the wheel well . might be diif on yours but make sure that it all fits be fore welding .tack it all together first .have fun
Old 05-25-2003, 12:53 PM
Inactive User

So you used the outer old wheel well up to the center then replaced wth new wheel well from there to edge of frame.That would solve fastening problems,But could cause it to hit if you used a bigger tire. I worry about having wheel well interfere with rear seat to much[not interested in a full prostreet car] ,would this help this also? Or are there ways of making seat fit the modified wheel well?
Old 05-29-2003, 07:13 AM
Inactive User

the outer stays the same . the innner half you move inward an the middle you fill in with metal .make sure your tire dont hit the frt of the wheel well . your not going to gain alot but ever little bit helps . 4"is just about all . you have sub frame there too right wish i could draw a pic for ya .how this helps