Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > General Chat > Rumors and Gossip, etc...

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 09-28-2000, 09:15 PM
Inactive User

Biggrin

Maybe I'm going out on a limb here but I no longer see CarCraft magazine as I once did. I used to hate that rag. It seems much more Mopar user friendly now. (Relatively speaking of course)

I even subscribe nowadays. The Nov. 2000 issue came this morning and theres some mopar stuff in it. One thing I especially liked in their Summer Nationals Action article was a picture of a tastefully done 1958 Chev station wagon that looked stock except for some after market rims. But under the hood is an early Mopar Hemi. The hemi is painted chev orange and has a chev ('50's vintage) air cleaner on it. The hemi looks as if it grew there.
I'm not attempting to bad mouth anyone here, but I bet the way the owner did this car will have a few chevy fans scratching their heads.

There seems to be a better balance at CarCraft these days.

I hope I'm not speaking too soon!
Old 09-29-2000, 02:47 AM
Inactive User

I agree I just picked up the new issue and saw a 73 duster in there with a 360(same as the project I am working on) they said that there will be a feature on it next issue. And did you see the 360 that chic built damn only if my girlfriend knew how to build'em like that.
Old 09-29-2000, 04:41 AM

Thumbs up

I have to agree, maybe the beancounters at Petersen or eMap figured we didn't need yet one more article on how to ring and bearing a 350 Chevy or how to put a fiberglass hood on a Camaro. I am very close to subscribing to both Car Craft and Rod & Custom now, I finally feel safe enough to send money for a subscription,lol!
Old 09-30-2000, 11:04 AM
Inactive User

They musta got a memo from EMAP cause both Car Craft and Hot Rod have features on mopars this month! I hope it's just not "mopar month" or something and that they keep up the good work.

------------------