Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Performance Talk

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 05-28-2003, 11:52 PM
Inactive User

Question Disc conversion kits...which one?

I'm going to buy a front disc conversion kit for my 72 Demon, I dont want to do the "parts from a 73" swap, I dont have the time to source the parts, which kit should i go with? MPbrakes.com's kit? or the Stainless Steel brakes kit?
Old 05-29-2003, 12:09 AM

They are both about the same. Go with the cheaper one (I think they are within $50 of each other).
Old 05-29-2003, 02:53 PM
Inactive User

i just bought a kit from SSBC and all i can say is "AWESOME!!".the MP kit may stop the car the same as the SSBC kit but if you put them side by side,the quality of the parts and the completeness of the kit would show the difference.i looked around for a year and finally made my decision.it was worth the few extra bucks.i might even get a rear kit someday when i got some money to blow.good luck
Old 05-29-2003, 11:12 PM
Inactive User

I believe the SSBC kit has rotors that go onto early A body drum spindles. The MP kit comes with the larger spindles and upper control arms. Which uses the larger ball joint. I also like the combination valve of the MP kit, which does the job of a residual valve, prop valve and metering valve.
Old 05-29-2003, 11:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by dacuda
i just bought a kit from SSBC and all i can say is "AWESOME!!".the MP kit may stop the car the same as the SSBC kit but if you put them side by side,the quality of the parts and the completeness of the kit would show the difference.i looked around for a year and finally made my decision.it was worth the few extra bucks.i might even get a rear kit someday when i got some money to blow.good luck
I'll set you up with a rear disc kit. Real cheap. I'm starting new store and discounting to members here. Have got a lot of inquireys so far from the board. I have some for sale on E bay too. I'll make you a better feal here though without the auction hassel. Let me know if I can set you up with one or if you have any questions.