Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Performance Talk

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 06-01-2003, 12:24 PM
Inactive User

Default Magnumforce K-setup

Sappenin everyone? Got another one for you hard core racers out there. I was wondering if any of you crazy bastards use a motor plate instead of the usual motor mounts to hold up your engine. I'm seriously looking into purchasing the K-member setup that Magnumforce racing has to offer. In my opinion it looks like you can't go wrong with the whole dam thing including the 11" Willwood disc brake setup. Mopar Muscle added the setup to their Dart in the last issue, and it looks pretty darn sweet. However, I would still like the opinions of all the Veterans on this board. Thanks people, have a good one.

J-440

68 Charger, 440/SC/EFI, 6-speed, road racing sumbitch
Old 06-01-2003, 04:34 PM
Banned

I run a motor plate with a big block in a Duster. Love it. Cost though over motor mounts. But I really needed it to reduce chassis flex. The magnum force set is really nice.
]
I also sell a rear disc set up to. That really helps slow them down. I also have tube a arms and all sorts of stuff. I try to discount chat members. If interested let me know and I'll fix you up.
Old 06-02-2003, 07:22 PM
Inactive User

DWC, you own your own company or are you private individual? I am hoping to buy the $3500 setup from M-force one step at a time. I'll be damned if I'm putting all this on a friggin credit card! What is your opinion on the rear coil-over setup from QA1 racing in the Summit catalog? I'll be done with my bodywork in about 6 more months then I'll really hit the suspension which is why I'm asking questions now. I appreciate your input. Be cool.

J-440
Old 06-03-2003, 12:51 AM
Banned

For years I've built and raced cars out of my shop. Now I'm brancging into selling parts too. Starting small and working up. Trying to get a pro built web site up just like all the competitors have too. Did you know these things cost in excess of 1500 and takes 2 to 3 weeks to build by hand and then I still have to go in there and place each pic, description,price, and part number. This aint going to be fun.

I really looked at coil overs when I built my last drag car. I got some mounts that swivel at the base where they mount to the axle for less bind and made everything else and bought my on shocks and springs. What you want to look for is that most sell a fixed lenght and a very small range of springs to select from. I'd stay away from those. I sell Pro, Afco, Carrea, Bilstien and all can be run with coil overs. I think any of them are better than Qa-1.
I have run Carrera for ages and like them. I called and even had them make me a shock for a dirt car one time. I like companies that bend over backwards to help the racer. That's what I want to do is help the racer so I started selling parts now.

Will you be going ladder or 4 link? I chose ladder for simplicity in adjustments and install knowing I gave up some on fine tunning.

Let me know if I can help you out on anything. If I dont have it, I'll get it at a good price for ya. You can e mail me at ******************** . By the way we are CnC Motorsports. Thanks for asking and I'll be glad to help if I can. David
Old 06-03-2003, 08:15 PM
Inactive User

DW, boogity, boogity, boogity...wait wrong guy. Thanks for the info bro. I will be going ladder bar since I do not want to back half the car for a four link. About the only mods I'm doing for the body is going to be an extra 3 inches cut to the frame (mini tubbing). I'm gonna stick the widest meats back there, and I am definitly going coil-over shock. The car will mostly be used for road racing so I guess the coilovers should be set at an angle? I also think that a Panhard setup will be used as well. I'm new at all this, so getting advice as much as possible really helps. Thanks once again.

J-440
Old 06-03-2003, 09:36 PM
Banned

I can set you up with a pan hard bar too. I even have the adjustable Nascar type too. That;s what I run now. Nascar weekly series at Nashville Speedway. Let me know if I can get you some parts and some help. Thanks, David
Old 06-04-2003, 09:10 AM
Banned

I cant believe you pulled the boogity, boogity one me.

I was thinking you said road course with ladders and coil overs.

I have a much better idea for you. I'm guessins scca type racing is what your doing. I did some myself and loved it.
You said not putting 3500 on my card all at once for the magnuforce set up, so here's my idea.

With the magnum force you still have tostay within the stock specs or it will go into bumpsteer anyway. And with the rack it will be much worse. Buy there K frame, spindles, front brakes and forget the rest. I'll sell you my A arm set ups cheaper than there's with new mounts so you can drop the front by as much as 4 inches. Some adjusting to the rack mount cannot be avoided, but I can help you on that. Forget stock sway bars. I can fix you up with mounts, bars, and adjustable arms in many more sizes than stock.

Now for the rear. Forget the ladders. Too fragil a set up for this. My first thought was you were going drag racing. I got the cross member, truck arms, and either big coil or coil overs to install. Should run about the same as the ladder set up and this will handle better. Also can get you a full floater 9inch ferd rear too. Pricey though. And again I can set you up with the rear sway bars that are much better than stock.

I can also get you some 19 lb steel Basset race rims. Lightest made.
Let me know what you thinl or if you have any questions.
Old 06-04-2003, 07:12 PM
Inactive User

DW, yeah definitly SCCA with a touch of 1/4 mile racing and some street cruising. Try 70% street, 20% road racing and the other 10% 1/4 mile. I'm sure we can find a combo for my ride. I'm assuming since the motor plate from Magnum will not be used, you guys can make one to adapt to the K-member? She's a 68 Charger, I'll keep her for life so I will be going ape-shit on parts and mods. Money is not going to be a problem.
As for the rear, I'm retaining the stock 8 3/4 and nothing else. Shortened high perf. axles and a Richmond 4.10 ring and pinion with a Powertrax locking diff will fillerup. Ma Mopar has an aluminum housing I might look into.
Last question, since I will be running a 6-speed OD, you think a 4.56 gear would work? Once again, thanks a million, I'm gonna check out your site. Have a good one.

J-440
Old 06-04-2003, 07:32 PM
Inactive User

Do a search on all the Mopar sites about tubular K frames. Some people have had problems with theirs. When spending this much money, make sure what your getting.

Cecil