Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Neon Club Chat

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 11-30-2000, 07:17 AM
Inactive User

Question

Im looking into buying an underdrive pulley for my 2000 neon, but i was wondering if anybody has installed one on their neon and had a significant power increase(feel the difference). Also, how much the pulley drained the accessories. I live in El Paso, TX and it gets pretty hot over here and i need my a/c. Your opinions would be appreciated. I have installed an exhaust and intake if this makes a difference.

------------------
16.6 @ 83mph, 2000 Neon, Thunder Alley Track-El Paso, Tx(It's true, it's true)
Old 11-30-2000, 04:12 PM
Inactive User

I have the 1st generatiom Unorthodox UDP on my Neon. The power increase was quite noticable and that is the weakest UDP for a Neon. The UDP will not drain the accesories unless you have everything possible running and you have a huge stereo system. But there aren't any problems with UDP's

Hope this helps
Dan S
Old 12-01-2000, 04:27 AM
Inactive User

As I live here in Furnace Arizona, I asked this same question once. The responses were to the effect that the various underdrive pulleys gave significant increases in power without affecting the A/C. However, during the summer, I found that the stock system in my black car struggled to cool the cabin, so I remain unconvinced. Just can't see that slowing down the compressor wouldn't affect cooling. Would be interested in hearing from someone else in a hot climate...

[This message has been edited by AZPentastar (edited November 30, 2000).]
Old 12-03-2000, 12:11 AM
Inactive User

Cool

AzPentastar,
I had a set of March underdrive pulleys on a 97 Dak.A/C worked fine.

------------------
2000 Dakota SLT QC 360, Magnum Performance throttle body, 8.5 mm MSD wires, 180 thermostat, Autolite 3923 plugs, 3 chamber Flowmaster with 2.5" pipes straight out the back,Echlin cap-rotor (brass), Trans-Go shift kit, Mopar PCM, 255-55-17's on R/T wheels, ceramic coated Mopar headers, MSD-6-BTM with S S blaster coil, Powerdyne S/C
Old 02-05-2001, 03:27 PM

UDP's work fine,most provide anywhere from a 6-12hp increase,depending on engine set up and other mods of course.
The best udp for the neon is afx 3o percent underdrive,you can get it from Howell Automotive. www.howellautomotive.com