Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Performance Talk

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 06-26-2003, 02:27 AM
Inactive User

Default How do I change the power valve?

I got off work early and low and behold my stuff from the UPS man arived so time to change power valves and see if that will cure the off idle stumble blues.

Got the bowl off and can see the end of the power valve. At least it appears to be like the ones I have in the packages.

How do you get to it? Looks to me that the metering block(I think that is what it is called, between the bowl and main body, has the idle mix screws) off? Not sure but I think I see some type of screws under the air horn, maybe.???

Help this Carter tuner get this thing going.

Thanks
Old 06-26-2003, 06:52 AM
Inactive User

the valve screws right out of the metering block. It has two little slots that a spanner would fit perfectly, but, of course, none of us has one. It's ok, though, it's not supposed to be tightened that much. You do have to remove the metering block from the main body to get at it, though.

When you assemble it, be careful to follow the directions, holding it vertically so that the o-ring seats properly, or it will leak and make things worse.

as for the off idle stumble,you should also look into adjusting the squirter and pump settings.