Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Performance Talk

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 07-02-2003, 04:35 PM
Inactive User

Default Best East Coast Parts?

COMING OVER END NEXT WEEK FROM U.K TO ORLANDO BUT MAY WELL B TRAVELLING UP COAST .WHERE CAN I BUY SOME CHEAP BUT GOOD ENGINE BITS? AND MAYBE CHECK OUT SOME GOOD CAR/HOT ROD ACTION? I HEAR THERES SOME CRUISE EVERY SAT NIGHT? I THINK IN KISSIME? ALSO ANY SWAP MEETS ON? AND ANY BREAKERS YARDS WORTH CHECKING OUT?
Old 07-03-2003, 12:27 AM

How far up the coast?? there's the Carlisle event the 11,12, 13. (if your coming as far north as pennsylvania.
Old 07-03-2003, 08:06 AM
Moparchat Bronze member

Carlisle; Biggest in the north east area.
Old 07-09-2003, 05:40 AM
Inactive User

Default comin across the pond

carpunk, i lived in Kissimmee fla. for a short time. it's right next door to orlando. we used to get alot of british tourists in the area all the time, as a matter of fact they even made an "English Pub" on highway 192 to cater to them and other tourists. Anyway evry Saturday in Kissimmee they have a really big cruise night in a place called Old Town, they usually get a few hundred cars there. all makes and models, very friendly and family oriented. I haven't been there in a 7 yrs, so i'm assuming they still do it. If you're goin to do the disney , universal, seaworld thing, you'll see tourist folders for Old town in the various restaurants and hotel lobbies. Another reccomendation would be to take a drive to Ocala fla. to go see "Big Daddy Don Garlits Museum of Drag Racing". Its about a 2 hr. drive from Orlando, but definitely worth the trip. While in Kissimmee, I can personally reccommend Fat Boys Barbeque, great food and a all you can eat deal. Kissimmee Steak House is also very good, quality steaks. As for car parts there are a few right in the orlando area, i found some mopar parts right in local junk yards, check phone book and call to see. enjoy your visit. boy, is this a long paragraph or what?
Old 07-09-2003, 07:52 AM
Inactive User

i dont mind long paragraghs bud im just glad ppl like u guys bother to help
many thanks
btw no im not doin the disney thing my m8s punk band is touring and i want some car stuff many thanks boys
wayne
england
Old 07-11-2003, 11:50 AM
Inactive User

wayne, let me know if your friends band ever gets up to NYC, i'm a real old school punker and would come to check it out. i don't do the mosh-pit anymore though.still play my buzzcocks,clash,pistols,dead kennedys all the time.
Old 07-18-2003, 05:08 PM
Inactive User

Default wild in the streets!

hey bud short story is the bandsname is GBH they are playing with CIRCLE JERKS THE BRONX AND MISSING 23RD AND ARE still IN YOUR AREA NOW!!!! GO TO GOOGLE TAP IN EITHER ,,GBH,, OR ,,CIRCLE JERKS,, AND DATES/VENUES ARE ALL THERE E,MAIL ME ANYTIME FOR A BETTER CHAT
blagdalia@aol.com