Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Diesel & Turbo Diesel Chat

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 07-04-2003, 06:48 AM
Inactive User

Lightbulb Can this be done??

If I were to purchase a 2000-02 diesel dodge could it be quieted down like the 03 model?? After some checking into you can a purchase a late model diesel with say 30,000 miles on her and pay considerably less than the price of a new one.
Old 07-05-2003, 12:12 AM
Inactive User

By making it quieter do you mean the overall motor or just the exhaust??.If the motor is what you are refering to then I'll say,NO.The newly designed motor utilizes a common rail fuel system which helps to quiet the motor down and its not available for the older second generation trucks.One thing that seems to help a little is a addition of a fueling box to those trucks as it will feed the monster within and aollow it not to be as starved as the factory has set it.

If its a exhaust question many aftermarket shops produce a muffler to silence the beast for quiet kills and no attention.But,I know it would be your truck and everything an old say fits with diesels...."If Its Too Loud,Your Too Old"...LOL....BRM

p.s.-Muffler,what muffler??.Never was allowed to stay on my stock 3" setup and the 4" never had it and as soon as we finish the 5" there will be none there either.Now if I can only get the time to accomplish that before Chryslers at Carlisle I'd be happy.
Old 07-09-2003, 01:14 PM
Inactive User

Big Red Machine....
Who is your source for custom bent 4" pipe?
I'ts time to replace my dual 3" setup
Old 07-10-2003, 01:03 AM
Inactive User

Cuda..
Not sure what your looking for the 4" for.If its for your car,in our area I know of no one who will custom bend a 4" deal.If a diesel exhaust I have a friend who has a shop who can get them already pre bent 4" or 5" and ready to install.Since we have no way to communicate here anymore with the removal of private messages and I can not email you you'll have to let me know what it is you are looking for.If not I am not hard to miss around here,truck stands out like a stop light..........BRM
Old 07-10-2003, 01:05 PM
Inactive User

Big Red Machine....
I have a '97 V10 w/custom 3" duals put on by Miles in York (W. Market). The mufflers are now going out and I thought about putting on 4" duals after the cats. I'm interested in contact info for your shop. My email is dasmlas@hotmail.com.
PS will you be a Chryslers at Carsile this weekend?....I'll be there Sat. I'd like to check your system out if your there.
David